SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#202470 - 01/09/07 07:49 AM Q on SA Sax in Tyros 2...
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
I have a question for something I notice when I'm using the Super Articulation Sax in my T2.

Everytime I chord with my left hand, it cuts out whatever I'm playing in the SA Sax voice with my Right hand...

Has anyone else experienced this and is there a way to not have LH chording cut off my RH sax lines?

Thanks-

Bill in Dayton

#202471 - 01/09/07 07:54 AM Re: Q on SA Sax in Tyros 2...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Check the setting for the keyboard split point.

Ian

------------------
Remember to leave good news alone.

#202472 - 01/09/07 07:56 AM Re: Q on SA Sax in Tyros 2...
Bill in Dayton Offline

Ian-

I use the full keyboard mode...I don't use a split point..

???

Bill

#202473 - 01/09/07 08:10 AM Re: Q on SA Sax in Tyros 2...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Hi Bill,

The SA sax switches to monophonic mode depending on your phrasing and in full keyboard mode, the sound will get cut off, as you have discovered.

Some other SA voices respond the same way, such as Trumpet.

It works fine in split keyboard.

Hope this helps.

Ian

------------------
Remember to leave good news alone.

#202474 - 01/09/07 08:20 AM Re: Q on SA Sax in Tyros 2...
jwyvern Offline

Bill,
The SA sax plays mono or polyphonically depending on how you play (as it says in the Information on that voice). So if you tend to play in a way (legato?) that invokes mono mode when you're trying to get it to play multi notes (and using LH chords in full keyboard mode will do that), something's gotta give.
I've tried playing as you describe and while it's not a total loss I get intermittent cut outs of not only the RH note, but occasionally the LH too.
You can use the SA BigBandSax which sounds very similar and as far as I can tell doesn't drop out. (It is'nt described as being able to change to mono in the way the above does.)
John

#202475 - 01/09/07 08:36 AM Re: Q on SA Sax in Tyros 2...
jwyvern Offline

Duplication of posting unintentional there Ian.
John

#202476 - 01/09/07 08:43 AM Re: Q on SA Sax in Tyros 2...
Bill in Dayton Offline

But appreciated, lol...

Thanks guys!

Bill

#202477 - 01/09/07 11:48 PM Re: Q on SA Sax in Tyros 2...
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Just a thought...
Can you split the keyboard in 2 sections and assign the same instrument for the left and right parts?
It will sound exactly the same as without split, but maybe the Tyros will not cut what you play with the right hand when you press chords in with the left because it will be on a "different" part of the keyboard.
Iam not sure I described it well, not sure if it can be done.

Now I realised i described what was proposed above, sorry guys, got to get more coffee....

[This message has been edited by trident (edited 01-09-2007).]

#202478 - 01/14/07 11:49 AM Re: Q on SA Sax in Tyros 2...
Bill in Dayton Offline

Guys-

I tried putting the split point at the lowest end of the keybaord and it still cuts out. Same thing if I slide them all to the highest note.

Maybe I'm not understanding:

A-What you guys are suggesting
B-What the split stuff is all about in the first place

If I can't use full keyboard mode with SA voices, what would be the next best fingering mode to switch to? I need to be able to play the entire range of keys as a piano for 99% of all my tunes, and be able to switch into different voices via the R2, R3 buttons...

Thanks for your help...

Bill

#202479 - 01/15/07 06:39 AM Re: Q on SA Sax in Tyros 2...
jwyvern Offline

Quoting Bill, "If I can't use full keyboard mode with SA voices, what would be the next best fingering mode to switch to"

Hi Bill,
According to the information button it's only certain SA voices that react in that (unacceptable to you) way.
Select SA Saxophone & press Information.
Note the words "monophonic or polyphonic depending on how you play".
Suggest you stop using that sax and substitute BigBandSax which doesn't have that restriction and moreover sounds exactly the same as the original one.
The SA Silver trumpet plays similarly to the SA Sax, so avoid that one but if you want the "same" sound switch to the Sweet Silver Trumpet on Page 2. (Makes you wonder what the special merit of some of these SA voices are considering there are substitutes which can sound at least as good).

So my suggestion is to look at the info. and substitute any troublesome voices - there are plenty to choose from.

John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online