SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#115842 - 05/07/06 07:15 AM T2 Thoughts After 5 Gigs.................
Dnj Offline

Hello Everyone........Well I have performed with the T2 Five times since I got it this past week & all I can say is WOW!!!
I will admit I had to do some of my editing magic just to get it all setup for my style of playing but that was very easy & similar to me especially since I am a previous 9k/2k/21k/3k user. But the T2 is Soooo Much more sound wise then that for sure....the realism is astonishing, but believe me you MUST BE A PLAYER to really appreciate this wonderful instrument in regards to the SA sounds which really need to be played as they were created to do. Attack, Pressure, Amplitude all come into the limelight when playing this baby to get the most out of its sounds, without that you will not get the pleasures that the T2 offers sound wise...especially in the Guitars, Brass, Trumpets etc etc .....I will try to showcase these sounds & styles, vocals in a few weeks as soon as I get a bit of time & a HD to record them sought of like my own short 2min T2 Demos. Also I’m loving the key feel also a very nice improvement for sure better resistance they seem tighter too. The Lyric display is another really nice feature for those rare times when you get a mental block & need to read the words or get a request for a song you haven’t done in a while, I love being able to change the FONT size with the touch of a button smaller or bigger to fit text on one page !
Most of the OTS sounds are spot on and very well thought out.....although some had to be redone. or copied from other styles which is very easy & saved in user bank for use certain songs that I do.....I love the big square lit buttons , super sturdy, big & bright for working in the dim lit areas.
They Styles on the T2 are so much improved in that now I only have 5 CUSTOM styles in user from other KB's vs. about 20 that I used to use in the 3k......IMO Yamaha really took a good look at the styles & fine tuned them with great new Intros /Endings sometimes on all Three versions......& also I noticed that many styles now have a more Family orientated variation progression that stay in line especially the bass lines.......I pretty much now can do almost any genre with the "onboard styles" no problem which naturally sound better because they were specifically made for the KB........Its a pleasure to play Im already feeling at home like I had it for years......I know I'll have more thoughts to share once I get my new Sound system this week also......meanwhile I'm out of here to a double gig today....

so until next time my friends......

"Play Music Every Day".....

Ciao

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-07-2006).]

#115843 - 05/07/06 08:21 AM Re: T2 Thoughts After 5 Gigs.................
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Dnj - Glad you like the T2, for me it's a piece of cake to use and I've not had a Yamaha since the old V50 days. The T2 simply ooses class when played correctly and the SA sounds/styles are fantastic

#115844 - 05/07/06 09:23 AM Re: T2 Thoughts After 5 Gigs.................
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
WOW...you guys make me wish I had one!!!

#115845 - 05/07/06 09:47 AM Re: T2 Thoughts After 5 Gigs.................
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I just read your post and was getting ready to head out the door to buy a tyros 2 when I looked down at one of the stands and realized I already have one
Indeed it is the best of all the keyboards currently in here and there are 11 at this time. I am super pleased with it. I say this after admitting that I could never get into the PSR9000 I have in here and it still sits unused.
I think the difference is that I quit using all the Technics keyboards with their opposing operating systems and concentrated only on the Tyros 2 and I find that although it is totally different I was soon able to work and live with it. I am now hooked and no longer using the 4 Technics keyboards.
Thanks for your post,
Bebop

#115846 - 05/07/06 03:29 PM Re: T2 Thoughts After 5 Gigs.................
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
Donny,

I feel the same way. Since so many people have purchased a T2 and shared their demo's. I have to agree that not everyone is using the T2 SA voices to there potential. They are really quite amazing if used properly. Heck! there really amazing even when used improperly. I continue to love this board more and more each and every day and feel very blessed to have been able to get one. You can honestly lose yourself in the wonderful sounds that it allows you to play. I loved my PSR 9000. However, this T2 really does make a quantum leap above it. Considering that I gave up playing professionally due to the horrible hours that it took (weekends & evenings) I still feel justified in spending the money to have (arguably)the best keyboard available for instrument simulation and aticulation. Sufice to say...I LOVE MY T2.
My 2 cents on the matter.

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#115847 - 05/07/06 04:20 PM Re: T2 Thoughts After 5 Gigs.................
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

#115848 - 05/08/06 12:49 AM Re: T2 Thoughts After 5 Gigs.................
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
Thanks DNJ!good review.

[This message has been edited by jamman (edited 05-08-2006).]

#115849 - 05/08/06 02:17 AM Re: T2 Thoughts After 5 Gigs.................
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fran Carango:WOW...you guys make me wish I had one!!!

[B]

No way Fran,you are forbidden to get a T2.
Sorry but you'll be stuck with G1000 since it's your best KB of all time( past ,present and future).(or what was the word-this KB is not for me,t has snare drum picture under the key).You are not welcome to join the T2 club.

well,just kidding.

[This message has been edited by jamman (edited 05-08-2006).]

#115850 - 05/08/06 02:36 AM Re: T2 Thoughts After 5 Gigs.................
Bachus Offline

Yes i agree, Tyros 2 is amazing soundquallity wise as are their synthesizers.

But i really need 88 weighted keys, for my setup, and i don't wanna take more then 1 keyboard to a gig.

So please mister yamaha make us an 88 key weighted arranger, Tyros 2, with some perfect piano sounds added (aka S90ES) and the option to add some of the expansion boards. put some programmable sliders and knobs on it and the option to controll a daw(and so vst's) remotely.

So basically mix S90 ES and Tyros 2 in one keyboard and its mine to buy.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#115851 - 05/08/06 07:04 AM Re: T2 Thoughts After 5 Gigs.................
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:

But i really need 88 weighted keys, for my setup, and i don't wanna take more then 1 keyboard to a gig.

I doubt Yamaha (or any other arranger manufacterer) is going to release an 88 note portable arranger, but I predict that Yamaha's 'Clavinova' Digital Pianos (with 88 fully weighted piano action keys) of which includes complete Tyros auto accomp arranger featues and Tyros' sounds PLUS some even better acoustic piano voices, will in next years model, include "Super Articulation" Voices as well. - Scott

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online