SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#118078 - 04/07/05 11:21 PM New more organic track up
Alone&Forsaken Offline

Lots of guitars for Mr. D and Pennywizz ( spelling ? ) as you guys seemed to dig " Shotgun "

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=4453&alid=-1

Anyhow...after this track ill stick to more keyboard driven offerings, as this is a keyboard message board hahahah fair guess thats what many members want to hear.

Sidenote...gonna close old " song posted " topics when I make a new one. I do things silly but dont want to flood the boards.

#118079 - 04/08/05 05:41 AM Re: New more organic track up
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
It's an arranger keyboard forum... let's hear your arranger keyboard work.

#118080 - 04/08/05 11:42 AM Re: New more organic track up
Alone&Forsaken Offline

Lets hear you play some more instruments ( like I do ) before you make demands, lets also have you read and understand what I already stated, then get clued in that the majority of stuff ive offered has been keyboard driven.

Dont act whatever cause I can manually play full arrangements.

Cause guess what IM not the least bit surprised with you...ive put up with this brand of stupidity before. If I was some guy posting up haphazard cover tunes ( fully midi even ) you would have no issue...given I post up keyboard, drum, bass, guitar, so on work you have a problem. HUMMMM wonder why.

Care to fill everyone in what your problem with a musician is, or do you think you have really kept it hidden so well you can spew off drivel cause your opinionated or something :P

#118081 - 04/08/05 09:35 PM Re: New more organic track up
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
It's an arranger keyboard forum, that's all. Don't wet yourself.

#118082 - 04/08/05 10:08 PM Re: New more organic track up
Alone&Forsaken Offline

Lets hear you play some more instruments ( like I do ) before you make demands, lets also have you read and understand what I already stated, then get clued in that the majority of stuff ive offered has been keyboard driven.

Cause guess what IM not the least bit surprised with you...ive put up with this brand of stupidity before. If I was some guy posting up haphazard cover tunes ( fully midi even ) you would have no issue...given I post up keyboard, drum, bass, guitar, so on work you have a problem. HUMMMM wonder why.

Care to fill everyone in what your problem with a musician is, or do you think you have really kept it hidden so well you can spew off drivel cause your opinionated or something :P

#118083 - 04/09/05 08:46 AM Re: New more organic track up
Alone&Forsaken Offline

#118084 - 04/09/05 09:02 AM Re: New more organic track up
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Alone-

1) What arranger do you use?

2) How do you incorporate styles and or multiple instruments into your music?

3) Do you perform in any paying venues?

Bill in Dayton

#118085 - 04/09/05 09:48 AM Re: New more organic track up
Alone&Forsaken Offline

"1) What arranger do you use?"

Only use them for portability reasons and sometimes to catch random ideas. Used to ( and know thats not what you asked ) use PSR550 just the direct to disc recording got old. Past that use a PSR293 ( a little guy I know ) what can I say. Outside of that not as literal minded of what makes an arranger as some around here.

"2) How do you incorporate styles and or multiple instruments into your music?"

Beyond play them dont really know what to say or needs to be said. But for the literal minds...its not exactly hard to split/layer multi voices across a keyboard. I mean when you have 4/8/16 zones on a board you can setup however you want you can kinda do whatever you want.

"3) Do you perform in any paying venues?"

I always hate this question, cause for the most part it comes from those that think " arts worthless unless the artist gets paid."

Beyond that yes I do.

These questions are just stupid...and a freaking insult, go ask some of the members here that spew out midi file covers what the hell they do who pays them and what gear they use.

Cause if someone checked my freaking DEMO work on the site and cant just respect me as a musician ( even if things are not their cup of tea )...I dont know what the mentality around this place is. One day ive got someone telling me ive got diverse musical tastes in relation to my DEMO tracks...then the next Ive got pointless questions that relate to nothing. I play tons of instruments then have people asking me if I can play/own an instrument thats built for nonmusicians ( on the extreme ) to be able to fake generic songs with.

#118086 - 04/09/05 10:35 AM Re: New more organic track up
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Alone-

...Your responses are sounding more and more childish. I asked three basic, straight-forward questions to you trying to learn more about what/how you do what you do. What I get in response is basically a smart-ass, defensive rant.

...Look, I couldn't care less what you think about my motivations or what I do musically. This isn't a contest, musically, pissing or otherwise. For the better part of the last ten years, I've made my living doing nothing but music in a medium to small size midwestern town. I don't use midi files, I don't use a sequencer...I rely on my skills as a vocalist, pianist and a musician to create a musical output I find highly enjoyable and that others are willing to pay nice sums of money to hear me do it. If somehow that doesn't pass your particular muster, well, honestly-who cares?

The beauty of this board is the helpful, well intentioned sharing of ideas, suggestions and experiences.

You think you're more intense than most of us? Fine...most of us have grown past that stage...

You want to put down acompished musicians simply because they/we use available technology in a way you don't approve of? Have at it...those of us that do this for a living hear it on a regular basis...no biggie...

Art is important and cool...no question about it. You won't find a single person here who thinks otherwise. I've listened to all of those online song files from a previous link you provided. I haven't stated my thoughts on your work in any way. Now I will: I think its raw, self-indulgent and gets kinda boring after a while. But who cares what I think? Do what you like, as I and most others are...

Finally, you challenged "The Pro" to see if he could do what you do? Can you do what he does?

If you can't function in the exisiting friendly, good spirited environs we enoy here, then you might be happier looking elswhere for a cyber home that is more suited to your specific tastes and beliefs...

PS: Please, dear god, don't just reprint your previous response...

Bill in Dayton

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 04-09-2005).]

#118087 - 04/09/05 12:06 PM Re: New more organic track up
Alone&Forsaken Offline

"...Your responses are sounding more and more childish. I asked three basic, straight-forward questions to you trying to learn more about what/how you do what you do. What I get in response is basically a smart-ass, defensive rant. "

I answered all your questions so whats your problem? As for childish have you failed to notice what " The Pro " has been posting...does that deserve anything more then cut and paste. Plus your questions were anything but " get to know ya " questions at least in the context of what this thread has been. If you would have asked what voice what effect was used on such and such song it would have been easier for me to tell we were having a friendly conversation.

"...Look, I couldn't care less what you think about my motivations or what I do musically. This isn't a contest, musically, pissing or otherwise. For the better part of the last ten years, I've made my living doing nothing but music in a medium to small size midwestern town. I don't use midi files, I don't use a sequencer...I rely on my skills as a vocalist, pianist and a musician to create a musical output I find highly enjoyable and that others are willing to pay nice sums of money to hear me do it. If somehow that doesn't pass your particular muster, well, honestly-who cares? "

Man half of what seems to be rubbing you wrong wasn't even directed at you. I used some EXTREME examples of what SOME people might do around here that doesn't net them a world of grief.

"The beauty of this board is the helpful, well intentioned sharing of ideas, suggestions and experiences."

Well, many of the things I offer to the boards are EXACTLY that...like when I posted five pages of stuff to help "BrickBoo" get started recording.

"You think you're more intense than most of us? Fine...most of us have grown past that stage... "

Where did I ever say this? I know there are other guitar players floating around here, some drummers, heck even sax and horn players, and ive heard some great keyboard work from members. I do feel I offer something that other members dont...not for any reason of ego just simply cause IM an artist. Much like other members here are inclined to do their own thing and have their own ambitions and offer their own perspective on music.

"You want to put down acompished musicians simply because they/we use available technology in a way you don't approve of? Have at it...those of us that do this for a living hear it on a regular basis...no biggie..."

Where have I stated a name of any member? Heck more often then not I see people around here insulting rock bands or metal bands established accomplished ones. Ive seen people around here insult genres at large ( such as electronica ) simply for the tools used. Ive even seen members here insult an 11 girl that was playing " XYZ." Im not saying its YOU that have done these things...just that this is stuff I see go down on these boards ALL the time.

"Art is important and cool...no question about it. You won't find a single person here who thinks otherwise. I've listened to all of those online song files from a previous link you provided. I haven't stated my thoughts on your work in any way. Now I will: I think its raw, self-indulgent and gets kinda boring after a while. But who cares what I think? Do what you like, as I and most others are... "

No problem.

"Finally, you challenged "The Pro" to see if he could do what you do? Can you do what he does?"

Maybe because he posts random crap in every thread I make thats not the least bit insightful even within some context. If he wants to forthright attack my work ( as he has done )...he should at least be able to do some of it or admit the things that are beyond him. No I cant do everything he does note for note and we have very different setups but I could do some of what he does filtered through what I do. Replace the automated drums with live drums, replace key guitar tones with guitar, replace key bass lines with bass and so on. Only not to insult his work as there are only a handful of songs on his site that I could figure out the general arrangement and instruments by ear and honestly at max I would only do a 4 to 7 part arrangement on any select thing. See I can admit that...did you see " The Pro " admitting he couldn't play Spanish guitar when he doesn't even play guitar, or admitting he couldn't play Dominican style drum work complete with interdependence and rudiments when he doesn't even play drums.

"If you can't function in the exisiting friendly, good spirited environs we enoy here, then you might be happier looking elswhere for a cyber home that is more suited to your specific tastes and beliefs..."

Ive functioned just fine here...only sometimes I fail to see the friendly good spirited nature of the board when. I see people around here insulting rock bands or metal bands established accomplished ones. Ive seen people around here insult genres at large ( such as electronica ) simply for the tools used. Ive even seen members here insult an 11 girl that was playing " XYZ."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online