Topic Options
#118098 - 04/11/05 10:36 PM Re: New more organic track up
tcon Offline

Loc: Pinellas Park.Florida. usa
Well said

#118099 - 04/12/05 12:35 AM Re: New more organic track up
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
yeah Alone and forsaken. The kids at church love what me and the band do because its accessible and music of their genre. I dont do piano lessons as such but every once in a while i hold a music composition clinic for any one thats interested in composing contemporary music. The kids love it as it is more hands on and less formal than music lessons. But the thing that grabs them is the fact that they can start making great sounding music almost immediately and thats what drew me into arranger keyboards. Many many young people have increedible musicality but not necessarily the skills or the money to deveope those skills right away. But if they can be inspired to start making music and can be shown the bones of doing it , it amazing how focused they can suddenly be! No more dragging little micheal to his piano lesson every friday! I am sedriously thinking about setting up this form of music tuition on a more formal basis but i simply dont have the time. But as a side issue the interests and ownership of arranger keyboards in my church as a result of the kind of things my band and i can do with the choir is very high.

The snobbish attitude that is associated with arranger keyboards i feel is mainly down to the fact that " musicians " dont really appreciate what these keyboards can do and are still stuck in the mould of seeing arrangers as those little bontempi organ things that my brother had when he was 4! Sorry rambled a bit. God bless and keep posting.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online