SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#163709 - 01/01/04 07:41 PM HDM2 Broken!!
Beakybird Offline

I went to my 2nd of three New Years Eve performances, and what a drag. My HDM2 broke down, and I didn't bring any floppies with me. I was in big trouble. All of my favorite things are on that baby. I've been using it for about 10 months.

Basically, the display was stuck on 88 as soon as you turned it on. Normally the display goes from 01 to 00 when you turn it on. I tried the device on my other PSR2100 to verify that it wasn't the keyboard that was broken. I also tried another flash card to make sure it wasn't the flash card that was broken.

For anyone who uses a lot of styles, and gigs regularly with a PSR2000 or 2100, the HDM2 is indispensable. Absolutely! It is such a drag taking floppies in and out. Floppies suck. I wish the PSR3000 would come out tomorrow.

So now, I am emailing that seller in the Ukraine. I'm going to buy another HDM2 and ask him to repair this one. Then if this happens again, I will have a backup.

I'll probably be doing the floppy shuffle for the next couple of weeks. How depressing.

Beakybird

#163710 - 01/01/04 07:57 PM Re: HDM2 Broken!!
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Beakybird

Another way you might want to try is to notify him, and tell him you need one for playing out, and if he could send you a replacement as you send yours back, as it is under warranty.

#163711 - 01/05/04 02:55 AM Re: HDM2 Broken!!
Beakybird Offline

I must say that I am not happy that I haven't gotten any email reply from the seller of this device. I actually called the Ukraine four times, lastly, a Russian friend called to translate. The first conversation I was told that he would read my email. A day later, after receiving no email, I was told that I would get an email that day. The next time I called, he told me that he would email me tomorrow. I called the next day, Ukraine time, and was told the email would come tomorrow. My friend called Monday morning, Ukraine time (It was just a two way call), and he told my friend that he is on vacation, that he read and understood my email (that I want to buy another one and get the broken one serviced), and that he will respond, again, tomorrow.

Why didn't he at least respond to my first email and tell me that he will respond in detail later?

The customer service definitely isn't as good as Nordstrum's or the Ritz-Carlton. Wouldn't you agree?

Every gig with floppies now feels stilted. This is depressing.

Beakybird

#163712 - 01/05/04 08:53 AM Re: HDM2 Broken!!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Larry (Beaky). Don't give up hope (yet). Perhaps (in addition to the language barrier) it could be just the holidays (when many people go out of town ) that might be causing the delay. The holidays are now over, so I'd expect a response from him soon. If not, that's of course another story. Good luck and keep us posted. - Scott

#163713 - 01/09/04 04:20 AM Re: HDM2 Broken!!
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
There's this place on the Web - could they help:
http://home.arcor.de/hdm-world/psr%202100-2000_en.htm

#163714 - 01/09/04 07:24 AM Re: HDM2 Broken!!
Beakybird Offline

I finally got an email back after 6 days for waiting. The man in the Ukraine wrote that I had to contact the 2AVCom representative in Germany and do any exchange and purchasing through him. I wish he had told me that in the first place.

Coincidentally, we had a visitor from Germany staying at our flat. She called the man in Germany. He told us to ship it there, and it will be replaced. Our house guest brought the unit to Germany two days ago, and she is shipping it from there. I'll keep you posted.

It is very hard for me to get used to exchanging floppies again. I hope I get this unit back soon.

Thank you for the website. It gives the best instructions I have seen for installing the HDM2, but it doesn't provide any troubleshooting should the unit fail.

Beakybird

[This message has been edited by Beakybird (edited 01-09-2004).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online