I went to my 2nd of three New Years Eve performances, and what a drag. My HDM2 broke down, and I didn't bring any floppies with me. I was in big trouble. All of my favorite things are on that baby. I've been using it for about 10 months.

Basically, the display was stuck on 88 as soon as you turned it on. Normally the display goes from 01 to 00 when you turn it on. I tried the device on my other PSR2100 to verify that it wasn't the keyboard that was broken. I also tried another flash card to make sure it wasn't the flash card that was broken.

For anyone who uses a lot of styles, and gigs regularly with a PSR2000 or 2100, the HDM2 is indispensable. Absolutely! It is such a drag taking floppies in and out. Floppies suck. I wish the PSR3000 would come out tomorrow.

So now, I am emailing that seller in the Ukraine. I'm going to buy another HDM2 and ask him to repair this one. Then if this happens again, I will have a backup.

I'll probably be doing the floppy shuffle for the next couple of weeks. How depressing.

Beakybird