SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#207427 - 05/08/03 01:15 PM what you don't like about synth zone
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Be aware I am going to delete this post after 10 responses..

#207428 - 05/08/03 01:49 PM Re: what you don't like about synth zone
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
I've gotten too much invaluable information from the posts here to have any real dislikes.
Contributors like yourself, U.D., Tony, Scott, SK...(the list goes on)...the combined knowledge and level of expertise is as MasterCard would say...Priceless
....Just my thots...

[This message has been edited by Leon (edited 05-08-2003).]

#207429 - 05/08/03 02:01 PM Re: what you don't like about synth zone
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
I've been on several lists over the years Organs and keyboards and have to say that you cannot put a punch of talented intellegent folks together without a few gripes. I didn't mention Egos did I LOL. This is a great list and how fortunate we are to be able to share in all the wealth of info. Oh where was I, Rambling I Think. I find this a great place.

Jerry

#207430 - 05/08/03 02:02 PM Re: what you don't like about synth zone
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
This is a great place to learn about new products, rumors, product reviews, etc. It's an education. I still don't understand all the jargon about softsynths. Most people here use arrangers, just like I do!! There's a bond there.
Here's something I don't like, there are very few, if any, women on this forum. Don't women use arrangers? Are arrangers too complicated for them?
Starkeeper

P.S. I have never, and will never delete my posts.

#207431 - 05/08/03 02:28 PM Re: what you don't like about synth zone
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
There are 5 or 6 guys in my market that play the same venues as I. We are friendly comptitors, but competitors all the same. Consequently, some of the conversations among us are a bit guarded.

Here at SZ, most of us who play for a living are not competiting with one another and can share all kinds of info openly without fear of reprisals. Personally, I have found that very refreshing and feel like I am among friends who genuinely are devoted to their craft and willing to help each other.

The requests for help I made after getting my PSR 2000 were answered quickly by SZ members, some of whom even called by phone to help, and on their own dime. The same was true when I decided to upgrade my speakers. I, in turn, have helped others who were also learning. And, I particularly enjoy hearing the personal experiences unique to the biz that most here have shared.

I have also purchased equipment from a member. The deal was all it was expected to be and both of us have become long-distance friends even though our ages and lifestyles are very different.

What I don't like: the feeling that I get on days I can't access SynthZone. The day is not complete without one visit.

I regard the occasional skirmishes that arise as petty and chalk a lot of them up to misunderstandings inherent to quickly composed printed communication which is common on many forums.

If you see something that you don't like...CLICK...it is gone. Move on. No need to make a federal case out of it. There is way too much good to be gained than to dwell on the things that bother you.

Kudos to Nigel.

Eddie

#207432 - 05/08/03 02:46 PM Re: what you don't like about synth zone
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
well... Fran it is becoming a bit dull now and then , not much hotheads or ideots anymore

Anyway I agree with all others.
It's one of the best places on the net, a very valuable source for newbies and experts.
Also overall a very high standard with net etiquette.
There are no negatives in my opinion and we should compliment Nigel as well for this.

I hardly use arrangers these days, nevertheless I am still a regular visitor.

Take care of you all.

Fred

#207433 - 05/08/03 02:48 PM Re: what you don't like about synth zone
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Every time I visit this site, I learn something. Sometimes it's just some minor tip from one of the many pros, UD, DNJ, etc., but everyone usually has something constructive to contribute. Granted, there are some topics that I may not agree with, but just the same, I'll still read them. Most of the time, if I can help someone by contributing information from my tiny, aging brain, I'll jump in and try to provide that person with some insight from my experiences.

As for dislikes, I guess I just don't have any. Even when someone gets upset about someone's views on a subject, I try to keep in mind that their opinion is just as valuable as everyone else's.

Keep On Truckin' guys and gals--and Donny, you're not going to leave me here, all alone, with all these crazies!

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#207434 - 05/08/03 03:00 PM Re: what you don't like about synth zone
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
This is my favorite list, there has been many folks that have helped
me with questions that I had about one thing or another.
Heck I even bought my 9000 pro because of the good reports I got
from folks right here at the Zone, & I have never been sorry I bought it.

I guess the best of friends get in a little argument once in awhile, so
I think this means we are all good friends here. Anyway I know I feel
you are all my friends.

The best to all of you
Denny

#207435 - 05/08/03 03:15 PM Re: what you don't like about synth zone
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Fran...

That you asked for dislikes and are receiving so many positives speaks volumes. I have been on professional/medical forums that cannot match the altruistic help found here.

Ditto to all the above. Great post, Eddie.

Glenn

#207436 - 05/08/03 03:19 PM Re: what you don't like about synth zone
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
what you don't like about synth zone.

That we all don't live in CLOSER proximity to one another . . .

though I suppose the potnetial down side might be that we might end up in a big cat fight.

Seriously though, I think this place has got the greatest group of arranger keyboard enthusiasts on earth. I've met so many wonderful people here, some who I've even had the priviledge to meet, and play music with in person; but there are still so many others of you here that I want to meet and play music with as well.

The SZ arranger forum has withstood the test of time to become my second family as I've been here on a daily basis for over 3-1/2 years. It's been said before, but it's TIME we organize an official Synthzone Arranger Keyboard convention soon, perhaps in a centrally located city convenient to the most number of members interested in attending. hey, I'd love an exuse for a vacation to an interesting travel destination. Any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Be aware I am going to delete this post after 10 responses.

ok, I think I got my post in just 'under the wire'

Scott

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online