SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#179581 - 05/08/02 02:25 PM A new country song
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
I have just recorded another country tune; to tell the truth I don't know if this song could be considered typically "country", because it's "Green grass of home" and I know only the Tom Jones version, which is not exactly country. Anyway, I felt that a country style was appropriate and so I have chosen the "Kramer" style from my SD1. The big effort, during the whole recording, was to try and convey a "live" more than an aseptic "studio" atmosphere.
The solo instruments featured are a Pedal Steel guitar and an Hammond organ from the SD1, plus an electric guitar (Fender Stratocaster) from my Roland XV 3080 (no point in having a piece of gear if you don't use it...)
I would like to dedicate this song to Sander Thalen, because he is a good friend and because he loves country music, but of course I would like to know from those of you who perform live real country and western music what do you think of this song: would it be tolerated in the Mohawk bar in Tulsa?
Thank you!
Andrea
http://andrearotolo.tripod.com/dreamer/id1.html

#179582 - 05/08/02 02:51 PM Re: A new country song
Dnj Offline

Cannot play it. Error message pops up after its unzipped.

#179583 - 05/08/02 03:15 PM Re: A new country song
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Ditto, can't unzip it. The Mohawks would have your scalp by now.
Don

#179584 - 05/08/02 03:27 PM Re: A new country song
Dreamer Offline

Sorry, uploading again right now...
:-(

#179585 - 05/08/02 03:44 PM Re: A new country song
Dreamer Offline

Second upload just completed.
Crossing fingers....touching wood....

#179586 - 05/08/02 04:03 PM Re: A new country song
Dnj Offline

hey Dreamer its ok now. My opinion is the song needs a little bit a mixing. The leads are overpowering the background, slide guitar, piano, etc. drums, bass, sound great,

#179587 - 05/08/02 04:26 PM Re: A new country song
Sander Offline

Loc: Hoogeveen, Drenthe, The Nether...
Hi Andrea!

Amazing, a song dedicated to me I just listened to it and again I do like it, although I think that the background may also be heard. For the rest it's a nice song. I also compared this to my VA-7. Maybe I can say now that the SD-1 has a brighter sound than the VA-7 does have. Sorry VA owners (I'm one myself ). When I'm able to use my right wrist again, I will record something too and would be glad to get some reviews from the community here. So Andrea, keep up the good work and thanks for this nice song!

Best regards,
Sander
The Netherlands

#179588 - 05/08/02 10:20 PM Re: A new country song
Dreamer Offline

(So, the Mohawks would have my scalp twice by now...)

To my excuse, I can say that this is a very simple style: at the beginning there is just an acoustic guitar, drums and bass, then in the first variation an acoustic piano comes in playing just fills, then in variation # 3 there is a slide guitar and so on...
Another source of problem could be that I tend to use earphones to monitor my recordings, because I often record very late at night and don't want to disturb anyone, but maybe loudspeakers would be better...

#179589 - 05/08/02 10:43 PM Re: A new country song
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I like it a lot. Sounds country to me. I like the style. Might have to get me one of them SDOnes some day. Maybe all the bugs will be eradicated by the time I can afford one.
The Mohawks would approve.
DonM

#179590 - 05/08/02 09:39 PM Re: A new country song
Sander Offline

Loc: Hoogeveen, Drenthe, The Nether...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
(So, the Mohawks would have my scalp twice by now...)

No, the Mohawks would have it in their top 10 Charts It's in my MP3 list also And to be honest, this made me really think of what my next arranger will be. A Solton or a Roland. But I can't afford 2 arrangers now.

[This message has been edited by Sander (edited 05-08-2002).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online