I have just recorded another country tune; to tell the truth I don't know if this song could be considered typically "country", because it's "Green grass of home" and I know only the Tom Jones version, which is not exactly country. Anyway, I felt that a country style was appropriate and so I have chosen the "Kramer" style from my SD1. The big effort, during the whole recording, was to try and convey a "live" more than an aseptic "studio" atmosphere.
The solo instruments featured are a Pedal Steel guitar and an Hammond organ from the SD1, plus an electric guitar (Fender Stratocaster) from my Roland XV 3080 (no point in having a piece of gear if you don't use it...)
I would like to dedicate this song to Sander Thalen, because he is a good friend and because he loves country music, but of course I would like to know from those of you who perform live real country and western music what do you think of this song: would it be tolerated in the Mohawk bar in Tulsa?
Thank you!
Andrea
http://andrearotolo.tripod.com/dreamer/id1.html