Ok, was this 'just my imagination' or what?

Yesterday, when I stored 'main variations' A,B,C,D, with the 'auto fill-in' button turned ON (lite up), into Registration Memory #s 1,2,3,4, respectively, I thought I remembered that, when I then selected each of these stored Registration Memories 1,2,3,4, that a 'fill-in' played during the 1st measure.

Today I tried repeating the same steps, and now NO 'fill-ins' are being played when I select the style variation from the Registration Memory buttons, even though the 'auto fill' button is turned ON. If I go back and select a different style variation, this time from one of the 'MAIN' A,B,C,D buttons themselves, I DO get the 'fill in' during the first measure. I'm wondering if there is a parameter on the keyboard which engages/disengages the auto fill in when using the Registration Memory buttons. On the 'Regist/Sequence/Freeze/Voice Set' screen page there is a place where you can freeze (ignore) the pedal functions, I turned this setting both on/off with no success in solving the problem.

Does selecting styles via the Registration Memory buttons support 'fill-in' playback or not? Was I just dreaming? I'm hoping other PSR2000 users can test this out on their keyboard and hopefully help me resolve this problem. Thanks in advance for help and feedback - Scott