SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#82883 - 02/05/05 03:17 PM Things you do to save money ? daily , weekly etc..
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I thought it might be interesting to see what we all do to save money,either daily,weekly or yearly ?

I've been using more coupons are the supermarket ........

Getting the best price of gas that I can....

Trying to buy more in bulk (dog food,meats ).

#82884 - 02/05/05 04:06 PM Re: Things you do to save money ? daily , weekly etc..
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Gave up haircuts... my girlfriend gives me a trim once in awhile.

Don't go to restaurants much. We're both very good cooks, enjoy cooking, and it's healthier.

#82885 - 02/05/05 04:24 PM Re: Things you do to save money ? daily , weekly etc..
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
Like Glenn I gave up hair cuts but that was 29 years ago just before I went for my last job interview. Since then I have cut my own using a nifty little thing with a blade in it.. Must have saved a fortune in all these years, enough to buy my Tyros.

My current money saving crusade is to drive at 10 mph below the speed limit on out-of-town roads and motorways instead of 10 mph over the limit. Amazing how much it saves in petrol and as a by-product I have found it so much more relaxing. No more road rage
and I arrive at my destination, having allowed a little extra time for the journey,
with a self-righteous smile on my face.
Even the notorious "white-van-man" doesn't
bother me any more.

Trevor

#82886 - 02/05/05 05:04 PM Re: Things you do to save money ? daily , weekly etc..
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
wow.... interesting to me, that haircut's came up .....lol
I give my barber (stylist) deals on guitar stuff and haven't paid for a haircut for over a year. Dan

#82887 - 02/05/05 05:52 PM Re: Things you do to save money ? daily , weekly etc..
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Don't have much hair...just tell my barber to break out the tweezers, I'm ready for my semi-annual trim (it's like micro surgery)!

Don't use coupons, discount cards limited time specials...don't even have a Kroger card or ask for senior citizens discounts. Just like to bitch about paying too much. Hey, I'm 59 years old! The one good thing about getting old is you can be obnoxious as hell and no one can do a damn thing about it!

Only ate three meals at home last year...support the establishments I play at, and you can drink Ensure ANYWHERE!
SO THERE!

Russ

#82888 - 02/05/05 05:55 PM Re: Things you do to save money ? daily , weekly etc..
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Hide my wife's car keybs
Bebop

#82889 - 02/06/05 08:12 AM Re: Things you do to save money ? daily , weekly etc..
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
BEGGIN STRIPS, YUMMMMMMMMMY...Pose

#82890 - 02/06/05 11:36 AM Re: Things you do to save money ? daily , weekly etc..
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
What is it with the senior discounts? I waited for my 55th birthday to use my senior discounts, and they raised it to 60 at Friendly's resturant....I go to Ihop , even now at "61", and the age is 62...They just keep an eye out for me and raise the age...Like dangling a carrot in front of a rabbit!!

#82891 - 02/06/05 12:06 PM Re: Things you do to save money ? daily , weekly etc..
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Save lots of money shopping for new keyboards at Dan01's, do my grocery shopping at BJ's Wholesale Club, which saves about 25 ot 40 percent on the groceries. Every time the state department of assessments and taxation sends a new assessment I fight it by taking it to the highest level of appeal, which so far has saved me thousads of dollars in taxes. Damned I'm a maverick sonofagun!

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#82892 - 02/08/05 08:45 PM Re: Things you do to save money ? daily , weekly etc..
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
Coupons!!! I have to say my mom saves an average of 30-40% off just from coupons to the local cub foods grocery store. It may take 10-20 minutes but if you go grocery shopping twice a month spending, lets say 100 bucks thats 60 to 80 dollars. Thats close to 1000 a year, pretty nice from a few scraps of paper.

Dont underestimate the power of the coupons

Phil

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online