Half Time Show Comments

Posted by: Tom Cavanaugh

Half Time Show Comments - 02/07/05 05:41 AM

I woke up this morning listening to WLS in Chicago as I do every morning. Don Wade one of the hosts on the early morning show was commenting on Paul Mc's halftime show.

He thought it was too "old" especially when he ended up with Hey Jude. The comment was that the song was a hit in 1968. His co host Roma thought "Drive My Car" was also boring.

What do you folks at the bar think?

I thought that the keyboard player was playing a Kurzweil and a Motif. Was that correct? Paul was playing a Yamaha Grand.

Tom
Posted by: SemiLiveMusic

Re: Half Time Show Comments - 02/07/05 06:08 AM

Good gracious, they're really digging to yak about something, aren't they. What did they expect? Songs from his last record? I really don't get it.

I enjoyed it, thought it was well done, probably the best ever for me. Some rocking numbers as well as a ballad and the spectacular production of Live And Let Die.

Did they say what they would have preferred?
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Half Time Show Comments - 02/07/05 06:30 AM

I enjoyed the halftime much more than the pre-game ... but perhaps age has something to do with that ....
t.
Posted by: The Pro

Re: Half Time Show Comments - 02/07/05 07:20 AM

It was a little surprising that three of the four songs were Beatles-era and only one was Wings-era (the syncronized fireworks were nice though). The little pre-show announcements featured "Maybe I'm Amazed". I'm sure the songs were chosen by the producers and they wanted to end with "Hey Jude". It was a good show, except for the stage lighting which kept several musicians in the dark the whole time, and the failed mic on the rhythm guitar when he went to play the guitar solo on "Get Back" (he was barely heard through some other mics on stage).

At least this year's show will be remembered for a good concert whereas last year's show will be forever remembered for a boob...
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Half Time Show Comments - 02/07/05 07:45 AM

It seemed like Fox, and whomever was producing the show if it wasn't Fox, was having audio problems all during the pre game and halftime shows ....
t.
Posted by: mikeathome1

Re: Half Time Show Comments - 02/07/05 07:50 AM

I'm glad Paul has started doing faithful reproductions of Beatles tunes. Thats probably my age talking I started playing guitar in the "I want to hold your hand" era. I love the early stuff, that made them famous, most of all.
I heard the fifties and early 60's American rock from my older brothers. But the Beatles were mine and I learned guitar from those Beatle books for piano and guitar. Before that I never knew they had books that showed the words, music, and how to play the chords in those little chord symbols.

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 02-07-2005).]
Posted by: lahawk

Re: Half Time Show Comments - 02/07/05 03:36 PM

I prefer Janet Jackson and her little show (ing)
Posted by: DonM

Re: Half Time Show Comments - 02/07/05 09:58 PM

It's the first time I ever watched the halftime show all the way through. I thought it was really good, sound glitches and all. I only watched 15 seconds of last year, on TIVO. Guess which 15 seconds.
DonM
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Half Time Show Comments - 02/08/05 02:15 PM

What? No bare breasts?
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Half Time Show Comments - 02/08/05 04:02 PM

Enough already with the Trash-time show.
Sheeesh....
Posted by: cassp

Re: Half Time Show Comments - 02/10/05 09:39 AM

So what's the youngest age of the posters on this question? I'd say no one is younger than 45.

I'm 54. That says why WE feel the halftime show was good. Ask some 20 or 30 -somethings and see what they have to say.