Hi Everyone...I just don't get in here enough, lol. It seems that I'm always doing something and get too busy etc. Just an update on some previous things. First, the Elvis project fell through. Sadly, most Elvis tribute artists are using Karaoke backing tracks, and they expect that a "live" 4 or 5 piece band can somehow duplicate a studio-recorded 30 piece backing track. Without using any pre-recorded sequences, it's virtually impossible, and we had agreed that we didn't want to use anything pre-recorded, that the performance would be totally "live". That, coupled with the price of gas (I was driving 210 miles round trip to get to rehearsals) sort of doomed things.
I have become a member at "Musicians Contact". This site hooks bands and individuals up for possible work. It's mainly a West coast site, however, there are some bands and individuals looking for work here on the East coast. I noticed that there is a female vocalist looking for an accompanist - she lives in West Palm Beach (your area, John C.). Her name is Diane DeAngelo, very impressive credentials etc. I did send her an introductory email, we'll see if anything develops. For anyone wishing to check out the site, it's http://www.musicianscontact.com I'm also looking into some cruise ship work as a single act...tough nut to crack, but I've sent some inquiries out. Hopefully something will come of them.
The Florida Jam was a success, everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves. Ron Platen and his wife Judy will be putting up an internet website shortly strictly for 7000 owners. It will be password protected, and hopefully will have some 7000 sequences available for d/l, as well as offering some of the tutorials available on different 7000-related playing/performing aspects. More to follow on this. The password feature is to (hopefully) eliminate certain individuals from ripping off files then putting them up on their particular website and charging a fee to get them (yes, it does go on).
Other than the above, not a lot going on here in Central Florida. Playing jobs are few and far between..the DJ's have really put a hurt on "live" music in this area. I just learned the other day that a DJ nailed a young married couple $300 for a 3 hour gig...heck, I don't charge that much for a local gig. Just goes to show you how tough times have become for we live players.
Sorry for the rambling...just wanted everyone to know that I'm still kickin' lol.