Sometimes a person Can not see himself clearly, what is so apparent to someone else seems hidden from that person.

Jim, The longevity of a OMB professional musician is somewhere between the ages of 60 and 78 years of age, then backing off is not a bad idea. The longevity of a piano player goes beyond that, and he does not have to carry all the stuff we do. If I had your hands I would be in a high-end country club playing all the important piano events.

I am on the tuning staff of PGA National Resorts, they use piano players in many areas, and there is always another piano to be tunes for a performer. The piano jobs that are available in the Palm Beach set is unbelievable, and they pay very well. A singing piano player with average talent is even in more demand, I find you to have far more than average talent.

Roger, I think pointed to the problem, marketing yourself, but not as a keyboard player. The most successful OMB is the one who has the ability to put on a performance/show, normally they are average players, the keyboard does so much that they have no need to improve in that area, it is not where their interest lies. Whereas a piano player is exposed, it is just him and the piano with 2 to 3 pedals below. If he can, sing all the better. If he can sing and put on a bit of a show he will never be without work.

And, in my opinion, that’s where Jim Helwig needs to be if he wishes to successfully continue in the music business.