SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#349753 - 08/27/12 08:57 AM KN7000 BUTTON PROBLEM
kitkat Offline

Loc: United States
Hi, Everyone!

I am starting to have button problems on my KN7000. Because of my using the Sequencer/Reset button so much and the Start/Stop button, they are beginning to not respond when touching them. This is especially true with the Sequencer/Reset button. This is also the button for Fill-in 1. Reading about taking 25 screws out of the keyboard puts me in tilt to open the keyboard and see if I can make some sort of adjustment. Has anyone else had a button problem like this? I am quite sure it isn't a dirty contact. I think it is the type of spring connected to the buttons that are either weak or not making a good contact. The Sequencer/Reset button is getting so bad that I have to turn on and off the Sequencer Play button to get it back to measure one for starting a song. I am 120 miles away from someone that can work on the keyboard.

Also, I have never had the "C" key above middle "C" fixed because of distance. I have just used the keyboard as is.

While on the subject, as we all feel, the KN7000 is as perfect a keyboard every made. It is too bad that the factory didn't put out the buttons with a type of rubberized surface so they wouldn't show wear the way they do. I have several buttons now that are sort of unsightly because of the surface being worn.

I hope someone has an answer for these buttons to work better.

Mark

#349756 - 08/27/12 10:37 AM Re: KN7000 BUTTON PROBLEM [Re: kitkat]
jd5live Offline

Loc: Bilston , West Midlands,Englan...
Hi, I am sorry to say the switch buttons sit on top of a silicone membrane, which is so made as to be both switch contact (a small round piece of carbon) and button spring, often the silicone rips and or the carbon is damaged and the only way forward is to replace the contract and check the copper contacts on the circuit board for damage.
This type of work must be carried out by a qualified service engineer as much more damage can be caused in stripping down the control panel if you are not used working on this type of product.
Regards John. (ex Technics dealer and engineer)

#349759 - 08/27/12 11:21 AM Re: KN7000 BUTTON PROBLEM [Re: kitkat]
kitkat Offline

Loc: United States
Hi, John -

Thanks, very much for your post. Not good news for sure. I fully understand what you have stated but am wondering if it is worth at least a try to use one of these spray cleaners for electronics. I am speaking of the type that has nothing but compressed air or so, I think. I would be concerned about using anything with a silicone base.

Mark

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online