SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#63560 - 01/15/06 06:06 AM changing voices in a song
McCrae Offline

Loc: Scotland
Hi all, As you know, I am still learning this Kn7000. I have done a couple of songs, but would like to change a voice at a suitable interval. The songs are already in my SD card. Can you help? Thank you, Jess

#63561 - 01/15/06 08:33 AM Re: changing voices in a song
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi there - I think you will have to be more explicit.

Do you mean you have recorded it all in one voice?

Or - There is a voice you don't like but would like to change it?

Did you set a registration of sounds in panel memory that you called in to play?

More information please - Joan

Joan

[This message has been edited by Joan (edited 01-15-2006).]

#63562 - 01/15/06 09:16 AM Re: changing voices in a song
The Leans Offline

Loc: Birmingham, England
Hi Jess,

There are at least 4 different ways of changing any recorded voice. So any advice to you would have to be based upon how you've sequenced your recording.

If you'd care to let us know how you sequenced your recording, I have little doubt that many people can help you. It's a pretty straightforward affair. All the best,

Colin.

#63563 - 01/15/06 10:10 AM Re: changing voices in a song
McCrae Offline

Hi folks, sorry I was so vague. I set up a panel memory with 8 sounds. I then did a quick record using some of these. I then saved to SD card. When I heard the songs many times, I decided they would sound better if I changed a voice or two. To give you an e.g. I started a song with vocals, which in my opinion went on too long. That's why I wish to change. I can'tgive any more information, sorry. I have changed the voice whilst it is playing, but I don't know how to make it permanent. Many thanks for your help, Jess

#63564 - 01/15/06 01:13 PM Re: changing voices in a song
Joan Offline

Hi Jess - In your instance of where you have your voices in the panel memories I would change the voices to your new choices. Saving to a NEW FILE - do not overwrite the other one, do a selective SAVE, using page 2 of the SAVE option and saving ONLY - Current Panel and Panel Memory.

With your recording still active at the screen, LOAD back into your active recording the new file of panel memory changes. This should do the trick. Your recording should now use the new voices.

In the instance where you wish to change a voice where you think it has gone on too long you would have to go into STEP RECORD and Control track and cursor through to the position where you where you want to change the voices etc., and call in the new voice.

Has anyone got a better idea?.........Joan

[This message has been edited by Joan (edited 01-15-2006).]

#63565 - 01/15/06 02:00 PM Re: changing voices in a song
McCrae Offline

Hi Joan, Thank you once again for taking the time to help me. I will have to digest your information, and then try to make it work. regards, Jess.

#63566 - 01/16/06 08:29 AM Re: changing voices in a song
Jim Helwig Offline

Loc: Sebring, Florida, USA
Email me at jameshelwig_2000@yahoo.com and I'll send you a walkthrough on how to do this. It's simply too long for a post in the forum.
Jim H.

#63567 - 01/16/06 09:00 AM Re: changing voices in a song
McCrae Offline

Hi Joan, I am sorry to labour the point, but I have been only partially successful.I did the first part of your instructions, but I did not understand how to load the new current panel and panel memory into the recording. I tried having the sequencer light on, then loading the new file, but it still plays the initial voices. The only way I can get it to work is to press the new panel memory button. This then plays the new voices when I use start stop button.

I also have a problem with the step record. I can get to the measure I wish to change voice, but then I can't go on. If you can be bothered to help again, I would be grateful. Many thanks, Jess

#63568 - 01/16/06 10:17 AM Re: changing voices in a song
Joan Offline

Hi Jess - James has offered to send you walk-through steps how to do what you wish. Try his suggestions - he is a first class musician and I am sure that his step by step method will help you.

The method I suggested I thought would the simplest way for you to do it but there are various ways to correct this including a method where you can go into the Sequencer in Step Record mode and at the point where you wish to change the voice, do this, but if you have not done it before it takes some explaining how to do it.

As I said give James instructions a try.

Good Luck

Hi James
If you are writing these steps to correct voices, I, and I am sure others, would be interested in seeing your step by step instructions on this. Perhaps you would post them here?

I personally use the Step Record method but I know there are others. ...........Joan

[This message has been edited by Joan (edited 01-16-2006).]

#63569 - 01/17/06 01:00 AM Re: changing voices in a song
The Leans Offline

Loc: Birmingham, England
Hi Jess,

If you'd care to e-mail me on colin.leaney@homecall.co.uk I can send you a complete instruction, which is totally dependent upon how you did your initial sequencing.

You will then have the best of both worlds from Jim and I. Cheers,

Colin.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online