SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#51734 - 08/19/03 02:17 AM KN7000 Pads
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
I have downloaded some Performance Pads. When I install them they individually go to USER 1 spot. How do I get three of them into User 1, 2 & 3? I tried Program Menus-Performance Pads- Phrase Copy to get the first loaded fron User 1 to User 3. But on loading the next it wiped out my new User 3!
Thanks for any help
Keith

#51735 - 08/19/03 03:14 PM Re: KN7000 Pads
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Keith,
I must admit I haven't found a way of loading more than one set at a time from disk either, because when you load the 2nd set it definetely appears to wipe out your first set, even though you've moved it to a different position. ie 1 to 3.

The only bizzare way I can think of , would be to step record the 2nd set of pads to the sequencer, use the apc to smf convert and use the sequencer to pad function. Could be messy with pads 5 & 6 ,though because of the chord progression.

If you find a better solution, please let me know , too.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#51736 - 08/19/03 08:44 PM Re: KN7000 Pads
Dave Shively Offline

Loc: Calimesa, Ca, USA
Hi Keith and Rikki,
I had the same problem back in 2001 and Alec Pagida graciously gave me the answer to store 3 different pads sets in loading the pads. For example: in User 1 - Big Band Slow, User 2 - Big Band Fast, User 3 - Big Band Swing. All in 1 load of the pads. You condense the pads as follows: (Alec's Instructions):
SAVE YOUR CUSTOM SECTION IF IT IS NOT THE INITIAL.

1. load file 3
2. copy composer A to custom 3
3. load file 2
4. copy composer A to custom 2
5. load file 1
6. copy custom 2 to composer B (change direction in the screen).
7. copy custom 3 to composer C
8. save a new pad file only (page 2 all off, pads on.)
now repeat the above steps for file 6, 5 and 4 in that order, then again for 9,8,7.
This is used in condensing a pad disk with 10 files down to 4 files or you can pick out the pads in the 3 user banks that would go with one another. It seems around about way of doing it, but it worked for me and hopefully it will for you.
Best Regards,
Dave

#51737 - 08/20/03 10:53 AM Re: KN7000 Pads
AlexGreen Offline

Loc: Beachwood NJ USA
Hi Keith,

There is an easier way.

Start a performce pad file in your SD card.
Load it in and hit save and name it. Save only performace pad.

Do that to each and every Pad you want.
Whenever you are looking for say Waltz,big band ,ect. Just go to your performace pad file pick out the one you want and load it in and you are ready to go.

Alex

#51738 - 08/20/03 01:45 PM Re: KN7000 Pads
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by AlexGreen:

Hi Keith,

There is an easier way.

Start a performce pad file in your SD card.
Load it in and hit save and name it. Save only performace pad.

Do that to each and every Pad you want.
Whenever you are looking for say Waltz,big band ,ect. Just go to your performace pad file pick out the one you want and load it in and you are ready to go.

Alex

If you just save performance pads then all 3 banks are wiped every time you load & you cannot mix pads which the original question required, so your post is no solution & just describing the normal load procedures.
As I see it the only real solution is as described in Alec Pagida's book.
Johnnie

#51739 - 08/20/03 01:55 PM Re: KN7000 Pads
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Thank you Dave,
I'll give it a try. My solution was going to give me big headaches haahaa.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Shively:
Hi Keith and Rikki,
I had the same problem back in 2001 and Alec Pagida graciously gave me the answer to store 3 different pads sets in loading the pads. For example: in User 1 - Big Band Slow, User 2 - Big Band Fast, User 3 - Big Band Swing. All in 1 load of the pads. You condense the pads as follows: (Alec's Instructions):
SAVE YOUR CUSTOM SECTION IF IT IS NOT THE INITIAL.

1. load file 3
2. copy composer A to custom 3
3. load file 2
4. copy composer A to custom 2
5. load file 1
6. copy custom 2 to composer B (change direction in the screen).
7. copy custom 3 to composer C
8. save a new pad file only (page 2 all off, pads on.)
now repeat the above steps for file 6, 5 and 4 in that order, then again for 9,8,7.
This is used in condensing a pad disk with 10 files down to 4 files or you can pick out the pads in the 3 user banks that would go with one another. It seems around about way of doing it, but it worked for me and hopefully it will for you.
Best Regards,
Dave

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#51740 - 08/20/03 02:39 PM Re: KN7000 Pads
AlexGreen Offline

Loc: Beachwood NJ USA
To Johnnie "C"

The mother of all "Ghost writers in the sky".

Guess who.

#51741 - 08/21/03 10:38 AM Re: KN7000 Pads
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by AlexGreen:

To Johnnie "C"

The mother of all "Ghost writers in the sky".

Guess who.

It's a fact your so called easier way doesn't work and never will, which is obvious to anybody who has ever used the pads.

#51742 - 08/21/03 07:03 PM Re: KN7000 Pads
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Dave & Alex
Thanks for the suggestions. Haven't had a chance to try them out. The room where my computer and keyboard are kept has been turned into a temporary storeroom due to building alterations elsewhere in the house!
Keyboard players come second to household essentials!!
Keith

#51743 - 07/06/05 01:53 AM Re: KN7000 Pads
westy Offline

Loc: Manchester, UK
I have also been trying to load more than one set of pads into the user banks (I have a PR804) The only way I have found is to load a bank then save to the sequencer and convert to midi then reload individually, although I have not found a way of converting the solo banks this way yet. I was interested in trying Alec Pagida's method but am a little confused. How can the composer be used in this way, you cannot copy the performance pads to the composer. Has anyone been able to make this work or am I missing something. Can anyone explain this method further. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online