SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#60873 - 10/22/03 10:49 AM Update 1.5
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
I received two 1.5 update disks (as did Bebop) from Eddie Williams of Panasonic. These are Panasonic generated updates. He could not explain why they have not been distributed here in the USA.
I did a bit by bit file compare of these disks against the downloded files from Taiyo and they are exactly the same.
This should resolve any fears that if you have updated using the Taiyo files, you will be denied service under your warrantee. There is no way that Panasonic or one of their dealers could determine where the update files came from (unless of course that you tell them).
I hope that this helps resolve the issue of "should I update or not?).
Regards,
Walt

#60874 - 10/23/03 02:22 AM Re: Update 1.5
waterschip Offline

Loc: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Walt Meyer:
There is no way that Panasonic or one of their dealers could determine where the update files came from.

Unless they didn't distributed it and still usiing version 1.4

rgds.
Willem

#60875 - 10/23/03 05:55 AM Re: Update 1.5
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Hello everyone

Can someone please remind us 7000 owners on how to check what version we have?

Also at the Taiyo Site they state:

The version 1.6 consists of 2 disks. It concerns thereby the newest program update. If you had not installed before the version 1.4 yet , then you should likewise install the disks 3 and 4 of the version 1.4..

Disk 1 (1,142 KB) kn7-1ã.exe
Disk 2 (927 KB) kn7-16b.exe

These files need you only, if you had not installed before the version 1.4 yet:
Disk 3 (1,371 KB) kn7 4_3.exe
Disk 4 (1,174 KB) kn7-14_4.exe
http://216.239.37.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://www.kn7000.de/&prev=/search%3Fq%3DTaiyo%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26sa%3DG

So in trying to understand this, am I correct in stating that if you have version 1.4. you need:
Disks 3 and 4 from version 1.5.
and
Disks 1 and 2 from version 1.6. ?

And if that is true, in what order should they be loaded?
3 and 4 from version 1.5. first?
or
1 and 2 from version 1.6. first?

SideBar:

I love Technics Keyboards, and I believe the 7000 is the best keyboard available. However, when it comes to Manuals, Instructions, Web sites(that have to be translated)and General Information,Technics has dropped the ball.

This Disk update is scary as evident from past comments from members here at the Synth Zone. Why can't someone from Technics set the record straight on this? Why are a lot of things from Technics confusing?

In my opinion the Panasonic & Technics Public Relations Department needs an "overhaul" . They need better communication, with better Web Sites, better Owners Manuals, better Updates.
Finally....Thank God for the Synth Zone !

Thanks,
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#60876 - 10/24/03 02:56 AM Re: Update 1.5
waterschip Offline

Loc: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
[QUOTE]
So in trying to understand this, am I correct in stating that if you have version 1.4. you need:
Disks 3 and 4 from version 1.5.
and
Disks 1 and 2 from version 1.6. ?
[/B]

I don't know of disk 3 and 4 from version 1.5
If you have already version 1.4 you only need to install version 1.5 (only two disks 1 and 2)
Or install version 1.6 (two disks) without installing version 1.5
1.6 is the same with correcting a bug for those who have additional cards.

rgds.
Willem

If you have version

#60877 - 10/25/03 11:00 PM Re: Update 1.5
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi All,

I am surprised to read of these updates to the KN7000. How many have there been since it came onto the market? Is it really necessary to keep on updating?

There's a saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" or are these updates essential to the smooth operation of the keyboard?

I know there has been quite a discussion on this subject, but like someone else said, it becomes so confusing for people like myself who could be doing more harm than good perhaps!

Aud

#60878 - 10/26/03 01:59 AM Re: Update 1.5
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Hi Audrey
Nice to see you back on the Forum again.
If it's any help to you I've had my KN7000 above a year and never upgraded it and never had a problem. The UK arm of Technics Panasonic have said any update installed unless issued by them will invalidate the warranty, and they have not issued any updates...........
John

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online