SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#58309 - 10/24/03 10:33 PM OK, Are you ready for this one?
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hello

I just happened to remember something. I have been in music retail since 1976. A little know fact that companies do to attract sales is to use a kind of suggestive, subliminal technique.

I just rememberd that companies that use initials like "SX" as in SX-KNxxxx is inferring the word "SEX", and we all know sex sells.

Hmmmmmmm....it must be past my bedtime. lol.

Actually this is true.

Scott

#58310 - 10/25/03 04:57 AM Re: OK, Are you ready for this one?
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Hey Scott!

Glad to know that I'm not the only dirty old man here! Thanks for the clarification; I often wondered what that initial SX meant!

Ted

#58311 - 10/25/03 07:08 AM Re: OK, Are you ready for this one?
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Scott, glad you just happened to remember something that contributes absolutely nothing of value to the making of music. Something like when you are in a hurry and say a Yamaha PSR, it comes out - Yamaha pisser! Oh! Oh! Think I gotta go now and I better hurry!

Grandpa Doug

PS.(piss). Scott, I think stuff like this comes out of the number 2 port rather than number 1. I see you are in retail. You might find a better market for this brown stuff elsewhere.

#58312 - 10/25/03 08:38 AM Re: OK, Are you ready for this one?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Ouch ... the pen IS indeed, mightier than the sword. That was rough Doug, it was just an opinion. Sometimes it sounds like you value your Technic's gear on Ruthie's level !
(Not neccisarily a bad thing ... just a little intense for my way of thinking)
..You know I love ya.

#58313 - 10/25/03 10:14 AM Re: OK, Are you ready for this one?
Douglas Dean Offline

Ouote: ”That was rough Doug”
Dave, Ruthie and me are country folks. Ruthie, raised on the farm with hogs, beef and chickens and me a bush farmer, raising bushes, evergreens and trees, bought and recycled a lot of that brown stuff her and her dad had an excess of. You might say they made money on both ends. Anyway, Ruthie and me tell it the way we see it. My honey and me like to read the bible a lot. Jesus doesn't mince any words when he tells the religious leaders of his time what he thinks of them in Matthew chapter 23. Paul lays it on the line and tells it in plain language when he says what he once learned and thought was truth, was all dung. We like using today's vernacular also - brown stuff or bull s--t. Dave, we have a son-in-law born and raised in the city. Nice church going kid! Will not eat eggs. Thinks it’s aborting a chicken or something. A nice big thick prime juicy steak makes him very uncomfortable. Something about killing he doesn't understand and got his mind kind of twisted up. Nice kid, loves my daughter, treats her good but . . . . ! Dave, a little intense? Too bad your a city boy, but you know, I love you too.

Grandpa Doug

#58314 - 10/25/03 12:49 PM Re: OK, Are you ready for this one?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY

#58315 - 10/25/03 08:14 PM Re: OK, Are you ready for this one?
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Grandpa Doug

I hope you feel better tomorrow.

Scott

#58316 - 10/25/03 11:26 PM Re: OK, Are you ready for this one?
Douglas Dean Offline

Scott,

Thanks and may I wish you the same.

Grandpa Doug

#58317 - 10/26/03 01:53 AM Re: OK, Are you ready for this one?
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Good Morning from a Cold and Sunny UK!

I've been a forum reader rather than a forum contributor recently for various reasons. When I got up this morning and read the latest exchange of opinions in this thread I decided to change gears and write a little.

Scott, with all due respect to you, sir, I find it impossible to make the stretch you suggest i.e., Technics deliberately used the letters "S" and "X" because everyone would immediately read "SEX" when viewing those letters, thus increasing the sales of their KN keyboards.Perhaps you are right. Perhaps that is the mentality of the majority of the public these days and if so, it would not be surprising to me given the general behavior of recent generations in our society.

Never in a million years would I have associated those two letters with the word "SEX". I am sure Technics has a legitimate reason for using a particular combination of letters and numbers to designate their keyboards. I doubt that the "sex sells" notion is part of that reason where their keyboards are concerned. Maybe, for the sake of discussion, I could use your logic and infer that "NX" as in "NX Sound" means "No Sex"?

Opinions are like noses. Everyone has one. Now you have mine.

Again, good morning to all!

Chuck

#58318 - 10/26/03 03:36 AM Re: OK, Are you ready for this one?
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Go on then - so what does KN really stand for...maybe.
I know not...
Roger M

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online