SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#61183 - 09/11/02 07:22 AM HELP !!!!!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I have a kn6000 .... Using Realtime Recording I have recorded a background for a vocalist singing at a wedding ceremony on Saturday. .... The tune is in 2/4 time and I used 8beat ballad as the style ... Being in 2/4 time, I 'cut' each measure in half, so that what is two measures on the sheet music, is one measure on the kn6 recording. I realized LATE last night that in one place I held a chord change for the full 4 beats, instead of 2 beats ... consequently, the resulting effect is holding the chord change for an extra measure ...This might not be toooo bad because it is near the end of the tune, and could(?) possibly be used for effect .... HOWEVER, I don't want to screw up the vocalist, who has been practising the tune on her own, listening to the original recording ....It was so late last night, that I'm not even sure where it falls i.e., at beats 1-2 or 3-4, but either way it comes down to the fact that I have to eliminate all data from half a 4 beat measure .... any help???.....
PS .... I guess I was really 'brain dead' (or feeling the music the way I would have done it as opposed to the way it was written)but I didn't realize it until I had recorded 12 TRACKS !!! ...
t.

#61184 - 09/11/02 08:12 AM Re: HELP !!!!!
Dan Hanson Offline

Loc: Sumterville, Fl. USA
Hi Tony,
I don’t know for sure that this will work but if it were me I think I would load the song, pick some style that is in 2/4 time and assign it to replace your original style. Do a panel write of the song and new style, (2/4), play the song and note the measure to remove, (it should now be a measure in 2/4 instead of ½ measure in 4/4), then go to the sequencer, delete the measure in question, (all tracks), then re-assign the original style and play it to see if everything works.

As long as you don’t save this to the original disk, you will still have your original effort and if things don’t work like you want, maybe someone else will have another solution. Good luck!!!

Dan

#61185 - 09/11/02 08:26 AM Re: HELP !!!!!
tony mads usa Offline

Dan..... thanks I'll give that a try ... this is no doubt something I should know, but do you know what style would be 2/4?
t.

#61186 - 09/11/02 08:37 AM Re: HELP !!!!!
Dan Hanson Offline

Tony,

I'm at work and do not have my keyboard handy. I don't know a style off my head, but try looking in the area of marches, (whatever group that comes under). I really don't remember if there is one there or not. If you don't have any luck, when I get home this PM I will be glad to email, if that's OK), you something in 2/4.

Dan

#61187 - 09/11/02 09:11 AM Re: HELP !!!!!
Alain Offline

Loc: De Panne , Belgium
You're at work and still finding time to look at the technics synthforum....does you're boss knows this...or maybe you're the boss...

Just joking,
Alain

#61188 - 09/11/02 10:09 AM Re: HELP !!!!!
tony mads usa Offline

Dan .... again, thanks for the tip .. I will try it when I get home ....
IF ANYONE ELSE KNOWS OF A 2/4 STYLE ON THE KN6, PLEASE RESPOND THANKS ... t.
Alain .... in answer to your message... yes, I hope not, sort of ...
t.

#61189 - 09/11/02 10:31 AM Re: HELP !!!!!
Dan Hanson Offline

Tony,

I went and looked and there are 2, 2/4 styles under marches & waltz, or something like that. You shouldn't care what the 2/4 styles sounds like as long as you can remove the measure(s) you need to remove.

Dan

#61190 - 09/11/02 10:36 AM Re: HELP !!!!!
tony mads usa Offline

.. thanks again ....
t.

#61191 - 09/11/02 05:02 PM Re: HELP !!!!!
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Tony, I'm sending you a Wersi Classical 2\4 style that I used on a gospel song, and it's not quite so March sounding. Maybe it will do the job. Bud

#61192 - 09/12/02 04:01 AM Re: HELP !!!!!
technicsplayer Offline

you don't need any 2/4 patterns sent to you, Tony.

Go to any unused composer, clear it and set the time signature to 2/4. Panel write this pattern to the song. The song will play back with twice as many measures as before.

Then in the sequencer edit delete the single measure that was half an original measure, then panel write the original pattern back to the song. Problem solved.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online