SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#67993 - 01/11/09 07:37 AM Audio File problem with KN7000
Glen Coyne Offline

Loc: West London, UK
I have only just discovered this forum and joined it yesterday hoping someone can help me with a problem I'm Having with my KN7000. I'm not new to KN keyboards as I part exchanged my KN5000 for the 7000 on the day they came out, but I have to admit I haven't used it as much as I should (I've already smacked my own wrist). Now I am semi retired I have more time to use this fantastic instrument.

Now to my problem, I am trying to install about 7 professionally produce backing track Cd's onto an SD card to play from my KN7000. I purchased the Panasonic SD reader/writer a few years ago which came with SD Jukebox ver 2.4. I am using 1 GB cards as that is all I can get in the high street. I am able to record 3 Cd's (about 65 songs) onto the card and play from my KN with no problems. If however I try to record 4 or more Cd's the KN displays the message 'Error 83 The file that you tried to load is empty'. Roger Mepstead has kindly been helping me with this problem from a posting I made on the KN7000.net forum he advised trying a good quality card such as Sandisc which I bought today but I'm still having the same problem, I've tried 3 different cards all give the same result. I tried recording seven Cd's straight off but it still came up with the same message, when I returned the card to the USB reader/writer all seven Cd's played fine from the SD card using Jukebox so it seems to be a problem with the KN7000.

Has anybody managed to record more than 3 Cd's to an SD card and get the KN7000 to read it. If so what version of firmware are you using, I'm still on 1.3.

Many thanks

Glen

#67994 - 01/11/09 08:47 AM Re: Audio File problem with KN7000
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hi Glen
It might only be me here as well; let's see.
In the mean time try this in SD Jukebox.
Settings: advanced settings: max size of database and increase to 100mb Then try again.
Good luck
Rog

#67995 - 01/11/09 01:33 PM Re: Audio File problem with KN7000
Glen Coyne Offline

Hi Rog

Thanks for your help again.

I increased the database figure to 100mb but it made no difference. I have now run out of allowed checkouts (limit of 3). I'm wondering if its a KN7000 firmware problem as the sd card reads fine if I put it back in the reader/writer even with all 7 CD's loaded.

What version are you currently using ?

Glen

#67996 - 01/11/09 04:32 PM Re: Audio File problem with KN7000
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Glen & Roger,

I am wondering whether your original software has been loaded correctly to the KN7. When I bought my Kn7 it came with TWO disks, the first one was an original Factory disk and the second (which needed to be loaded immediately after the first) was an 'update' to correct a known fault the keyboard has. I am using Version 1.3 on my KN7, and to date, I have not had any real problems with it only the usual 'USER' errors....

The other thing is I think a 1GB card isn't really big enough to take many more than 3 CDs (depending on the size of the tracks of course). If you cannot get a larger one from the local shops, try some of the computer firms on the net, they're very much cheaper anyway. I almost always use the Sandisks because I know they are reliable and the Company has a no quibble return policy. If for any reason I need to get another in a hurry (say for my camera) and Sandisk is not available, I use Kingston.
By the way, have you tried using a Pen Drive? I have several of my own CDs on a 4GB Pen Drive and the great advantage of this is I can use it on any other PC, plus it also carries all my music titles, so I can instantly see if I already have a song before making another purchase. It's very useful with a laptop.

These are just some ideas running through my head. If I think of any else, I'll post again.

Good luck! Audrey

#67997 - 01/12/09 01:39 AM Re: Audio File problem with KN7000
RMepstead Offline

Hi Glen
First thing, to recoup used checkouts (Max 3) is to do some check-ins from the SD Cards back into your computer.
Secondly the only version of SD Jukebox for this purpose is version 2.4 I've no idea what version of KN7000 I have but I do know that it is the one that was with the keyboard when I purchased it brand new.
Fsailing all other I'd be more than happy to carry out the recording and checkout for you if you'd like to send the CDs and an SD Card to my home address...already done it for Chris Housley from Kent.
Rog

#67998 - 01/12/09 01:42 AM Re: Audio File problem with KN7000
RMepstead Offline

Hi Audrey. My experinece is that you can put hundreds of audio files on a 1gb SD Card and that larger SD Cards just do not work with SD Jukebox - they are not recognised by that software.
Hope you are keeping well and off the ice in Cambridgeshire....

#67999 - 01/12/09 03:03 AM Re: Audio File problem with KN7000
Glen Coyne Offline

Audrey

Many thanks for your reply

I do remember installing an update myself I think it was the KN7000 or my KN5000 not sure now, but you could be right it may not be installed correctly. I am in the process of trying to get hold of the latest update which is now 1.6 and will try again. I will post any news good or bad back on this forum.

Regarding the CD to SD Card capacity Roger is right the files are transfered in a Secure AAC format which is a bit like mp3's so being compressed many more tracks can fit on a SD card.

Rog

Email in the post !

Regards

Glen

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online