SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#47302 - 06/04/06 12:43 PM Re: Does anybody know where those Techinics programmers are?
fmlk Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Well,
to keep this discussion going. What I love on a Tyros and miss on my KN7000 is the other way of working of MSA. In the KN7000 when you play var1 you can jump to var2 using Fill In 2 and so on. So after pressing Fill In 2 the cariation changes. On a Tyros however when you play var1 and then press var 2, an automatic Fill-in is used for the transition. The wonderful working of this is: you can directly from var 1 jump to var 3 of var 4 and for each of those transitions there are unique fill-ins.

Wish that worked on the KN7000

Another thing I miss since I had my KN3000 was the dynamic accompment!!! Great fun and miss it dearly.

Kind Regards, Fred

------------------

#47303 - 06/04/06 02:45 PM Re: Does anybody know where those Techinics programmers are?
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
Quick taps of the foot controler will move from v 1 to v 4 with fill. Foot switch's are like having 4 hands.

Fran in SC

#47304 - 06/05/06 06:56 AM Re: Does anybody know where those Techinics programmers are?
hammondkua Offline

Hi Fred,
Yes! How could I forget the Dynamic Accompaniment! It would be even better if it really triggered a fill-in in stead of the subtle changed in a rhythm.

Hi Fran,
I agree. The foot switch is the substitution for the less useful MSA. I guess Technics refused to improve this mainly because people are accustomed to the use of a footswitch. But it¡¯s very cumbersome to switch back and forth for obtaining multiple functions or effects such as sustain when playing piano.

Regards
Hammond

#47305 - 06/06/06 09:27 PM Re: Does anybody know where those Techinics programmers are?
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
I know other Technics employees went with Yamaha. I understand that the brass was done by a former Technics tech. There were others, but I don't recall all the details.

Best
Scott
http://ScottLMusic.com

#47306 - 06/07/06 04:13 AM Re: Does anybody know where those Techinics programmers are?
technicsplayer Offline

it's perfectly possible to program a guitar strum in composer step record if that is what you wish to do, and it's also possible to edit composers in the sequencer by the simple facility of easy recording the measures and apc to smf them as described years ago in the editing sections of my 6k book.

#47307 - 06/07/06 05:27 AM Re: Does anybody know where those Techinics programmers are?
hammondkua Offline

Hi Technicsplayer
Great! Could you please explain how to program guitar strumming using the Composer feature as it is not describe in the ¡®Getting the most from your KN7000¡¯ book that I bought last year. As far as I know using the LEN in the step recode only vary the length of note but not its position. For instance I would like to place 6 notes in line with the resolution of each note steps apart by 14/96. How do I do this?
Thanks.

Regards,
Hammond

#47308 - 06/07/06 10:12 AM Re: Does anybody know where those Techinics programmers are?
technicsplayer Offline

well, its perfectly obvious you can't do that in step record in the composer with a resolution of a thirty second note step available, though triplet timing might get slightly closer. Nevertheless that is not the same as not being able to do strums at all since you can produce acceptable strums by step for patterns at all reasonable tempos if that is what you wish to do.

For something like that I would reduce the tempo and input in real time. Or do the same in the sequencer in Cmajor in R1, tidy in note edit to the required steps, then copy to an unused composer accomp 5, then pattern copy just that accomp5 strum merging into the rest of the composer pattern to which you want the strum added.
Or a few more steps, first play the whole intended composer into the sequencer, apc to smf convert, add the strum to an empty track, note edit to tidy as before and copy the whole pattern back to a composer from the sequencer.

#47309 - 06/08/06 03:33 AM Re: Does anybody know where those Techinics programmers are?
hammondkua Offline

Hi technicsplayer
Yes, that is exactly what I did my guitar strumming in the Sequencer and then copy back to the Composer. I was so exited when you said it¡¯s possible to do that in the Composer because it would be much easier then. Anyway I like your idea about reducing the tempo and ¡®Strum¡¯ in real time recording mode. Need to try that later. Thanks a lot.

Regards
Hammond

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online