SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#49937 - 12/16/05 07:10 AM Recording
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi John,

Maybe you need a Data Transfer Box. My brother who until he retired recently, worked for a well known Juke Box Company and he has set up my system as follows:-

KN7 Keyboard connected via R & L Mains to amplifier direct as per manufacturers instructions. Mini Disk Player/Recorder, plus Philips CD Player/Recorder connected via manufacturers instructions all going to amplifier via a Data Transfer Box with 'A' & 'B' switching.

With 'A' switched to 'on' it allows me to PLAY CD or RECORD TO MINI DISK.

Switched to 'B' allows me to RECORD THE KN TO MINI DISK and CD or, independently to either depending of course whether each or both are themselves switched on and, I can listen to the Mini Disk playing on its own.
Whilst in the 'recording' mode, I can also listen to either.

However when the CD is finalised (burnt) I can only listen to it with the Data Transfer switched to 'A' as stated above.

It may sound confusing but I understand using a Data Transfer switching system is the easiest way to get all the audio gadgets 'talking' to one another and I have to say it works very well for me.

Hope this helps.

Aud (U.K.)

PS. I think it is possible to get a Data Transfer Box with more than two switches, so you could have your PC etc. connected as well.

#49938 - 12/17/05 07:04 AM Re: Recording
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
AUDREY.... This explanation gives a perfect picture of your system!

Would it be possible to record your own singing voice through this system as well?

One of these days....soon.... I want to try again to accomplish some recording to 7K Sequencer to CD in my laptop 'puter....

I would like to also do a "sing-along" with the music but the "how to" is still allusive. At this point it seems I will need some additional equipment beyond the USB connection between 7K & 'puter....

ELIZABETH

#49939 - 12/17/05 07:27 AM Re: Recording
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by etwo4788:
At this point it seems I will need some additional equipment beyond the USB connection between 7K & 'puter....

none extra needed. Plug mic into the 7k, balance, adjust mic effects, sing along with sequencer, it all gets recorded via usb to the supplied audio recorder software, save as wave, drag to audio cd creation window in your cd burning software, job done.

#49940 - 12/17/05 07:46 AM Re: Recording
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
ALEC.... THANK YOU!

Along with AUDREY & BILL NORRIE's help on another thread here on this forum, my Happy Holidays are assurred!

HUGS TO ALL!

ELIZABETH

#49941 - 12/17/05 10:31 AM Re: Recording
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
AUDREY, all that you said I do understand--but when something is put into the Aux impute of the KN7 and you can hear it play from the speakers, although you have no control of the volume--and, what comes out of the speakers is sent out the Main outputs A and B ---- Then I should be able to record it from the Main to the Mini Disk recorder --Not happening.

Bernie I have lokked at page 200 and it says, Aux goes out the Main A and B.

When it's not logical I go nuts, aaaaaaah!

John C.

#49942 - 12/18/05 04:30 AM Re: Recording
technicsplayer Offline

main out is speaker and headphones, aux in is routed to main out not line out.

#49943 - 12/18/05 11:27 PM Re: Recording
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello All,

With regard to singing Elizabeth, with the Mic connected to the KN7, the voice is recorded along with the music being played and I know this works because I've recorded some of the members of our Club. However, both the Mini Disk Recorder and the CD Recorder have a mic input which could be used independently but as I don't sing, I haven't used these so cannot comment on them.

Bruno - my leads go from the KN7 MAIN 'L' AND 'R' direct to the AUX on the amplifier if that helps.

Regards,

Aud (U.K.)

#49944 - 12/19/05 11:22 PM Re: Recording

Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
main out is speaker and headphones, aux in is routed to main out not line out.

Technicsplayer, I have my laptop playing a file pluged into Aux in -- my recorder is pluged into Main out not line out, where ever that is.
I hear it through the speakers, I should be able to record from the mains.

Trying, John C.

#49945 - 12/20/05 02:48 AM Re: Recording
technicsplayer Offline

main out is speakers or headphones so unless you are recording off the headphone socket you won't get a signal from aux in. Line out are the sockets on the back panel labelled 'Main Out'. The routing is shown in the diagram on page 200 of the manual.

If the sockets were correct then Line Out in the diagram should be Main Out, and Main Out should be deleted and replaced by Speakers and Headphones without the brackets.

If the Diagram were correct then the main Out sockets on the back panel should be labelled Line Out.

#49946 - 12/21/05 12:29 AM Re: Recording

Wow, Technicsplayer, you always go one step beyond -- great, and thank you again.

It would be a blessing to know more about your background, you think differently -- nice.

Solved, thanks, John C.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online