Hi John,

Maybe you need a Data Transfer Box. My brother who until he retired recently, worked for a well known Juke Box Company and he has set up my system as follows:-

KN7 Keyboard connected via R & L Mains to amplifier direct as per manufacturers instructions. Mini Disk Player/Recorder, plus Philips CD Player/Recorder connected via manufacturers instructions all going to amplifier via a Data Transfer Box with 'A' & 'B' switching.

With 'A' switched to 'on' it allows me to PLAY CD or RECORD TO MINI DISK.

Switched to 'B' allows me to RECORD THE KN TO MINI DISK and CD or, independently to either depending of course whether each or both are themselves switched on and, I can listen to the Mini Disk playing on its own.
Whilst in the 'recording' mode, I can also listen to either.

However when the CD is finalised (burnt) I can only listen to it with the Data Transfer switched to 'A' as stated above.

It may sound confusing but I understand using a Data Transfer switching system is the easiest way to get all the audio gadgets 'talking' to one another and I have to say it works very well for me.

Hope this helps.

Aud (U.K.)

PS. I think it is possible to get a Data Transfer Box with more than two switches, so you could have your PC etc. connected as well.