SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#52549 - 08/24/03 08:58 PM Need a song lyric!
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Hello again, all my Forum friends!

The other day I heard a magnificent recording of Carly Simon singing a truly beautiful classic pop tune entitled "In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning", one of my all-time favorites and a tear jerker (to me at least). I have heard it before done by others, but this Carly Simon one was incredible! Anyway, she sang a lovely verse before the chorus; I had never heard that verse before and would love to have the words, if anyone knows them. (Also would love to have a melody line of the music, leading into the lovely chorus.) I am working on the song and playing with possible unusual chord structures (I am an ear-player, you know!), and I would like also to include the initial verse, if possible.

Thanks for any assistance either here on the Forum or to me directly, via e-mail; I know I can always rely on the Forum to answer ANY question or request I have!

Ted

#52550 - 08/25/03 02:57 AM Re: Need a song lyric!
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Ted,
For the Lyrics, have a look here : http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/sleeplessinseattle/intheweesmallhoursofthemorning.htm

There are also lots of 'Hits' here: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=%22In+the+Wee+Small+Hours+of+the+Morning%22+Carly+Simon&btnG=Google+Search
Hope you find something useful.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#52551 - 08/25/03 03:04 AM Re: Need a song lyric!
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Ted. This is the one I use to obtain Lyrics.
http://ntl.matrix.com.br/pfilho/html/main_index/index.html

Graham UK

#52552 - 08/25/03 03:09 AM Re: Need a song lyric!
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Ted
Search Google
simon wee small hours lyrics

#52553 - 08/25/03 04:02 AM Re: Need a song lyric!
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi Fred - haven't got the verse but have sent you direct a Busker type version with the lyrics

Lovely song - one of my favourites. Joan

#52554 - 08/25/03 04:59 AM Re: Need a song lyric!
Ted Rose Offline

Wow, my friends! What a wonderful and speedy reply. You have provided me with not only the lyrics I wanted, but an invaluable source of information for future searches! My heartiest thanks to you all!

Ted

P.S. How could I have forgotten that magnificent rendition of the song by Jimmy Durante in "Sleepless in Seattle"? Thanks again, all of you!

#52555 - 08/25/03 05:47 AM Re: Need a song lyric!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Um.... Jimmy never sang it in the movie. He did "As time goes by". Carly sang the song in Seattle.

#52556 - 08/25/03 11:12 AM Re: Need a song lyric!
Ted Rose Offline

Hey Unlce Dave,

Just attribute my misconceptions about who sang what where or when in what movie to my usual "senior moment" lapses! Tnanks for the clarification; I must get that movie and run it again and try to get things straightened out!

Ted (as usual)

#52557 - 08/26/03 08:04 AM Re: Need a song lyric!
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California

#52558 - 08/29/03 10:23 AM Re: Need a song lyric!
The Leans Offline

Loc: Birmingham, England
Hi Ted,

I Believe I can help you with this.

The lyric was composed by Johnny Mercer - the melody by Hoagy Carmichael. You surely could't get better than this.

I have the music, whcih obviously includes the chords, and the '2' verses. I'll send the lot to you under e-mail attachment. In fact, if you're interested, I'll record it for you. It'll be a pleasure.

Mmeanwhile, all the best with your own efforts to get to grips with it.

Cheers -- Colin Leaney

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online