SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#51580 - 09/16/02 05:48 PM Styles to the SD Card the Hard Way
Mel Trevey Offline

Loc: Ft Myers, Fl, USA
While waiting for my KN 7000 to arrive, I have been giving a lot of thought to a coding system that hopefully will work with the SD Card. My SX3 directories number 001 through 030 each with a name for style category such as 001 Swing/Big Band, 008 Jazz 019 Latin etc.
My SX3 HD styles are identified by five digit codes i.e. a directory (3 digits) and two digits 1 through 16. The two digits identifying a specific style. Thus 00801 =Jazz Quartet, 00802 Manhattan Jazz etc.
This stysem works well with the "auto load feature" of the SX3.
All the HD files are backed up on floppies wirth all styles being "performance ready" to do a gig.
Since my computer stysem is Macintosh it doesn't appear I currently have to worry about loading infor from a computer...Hopefully that may change.
I planned to use the same code system
on the SD Card, identifying a folder for a style category and a two digit code within a folder to identify specific styles. All folders and styles to be named. All data to be loaded from floppies and manually named as entered one by one.
I plan to use at least a 128 mb SD Card.
After reading Alain's problems I am not
sure my coding system will work or whether I need to revise the codes.
Mel in Florida

#51581 - 09/17/02 03:34 AM Re: Styles to the SD Card the Hard Way
technicsplayer Offline

there is unnecessary confusion arising over this issue. Alain is talking very specifically about the backup from his hx6 hard drive from the techmanager program. These specific points do not arise for anyone without a backup performed by the techmanager program.

Since you have wisely backed up on floppy disk, you will have no problems, apart from the obvious one of re-naming the files from their 6 character floppy format to take advantage of the 16 character filenames available on the SD card. If by auto load (there was no auto load on the sx3 only the sx6) you mean fast load by number, this option is also available from the SD card.

The SD has a load by number feature exactly the same as your existing system, so you just need to replicate the folder/file numbers when copying floppies. The only difference was a maximum 16 files on the sx3 is now a possible 20 files per folder on the SD card.

Furthermore there are favourites scripts of shortcuts to any file and alpha sort lists which enhance the SD functionality beyond that you have been used to with the sx3.

#51582 - 09/17/02 05:20 AM Re: Styles to the SD Card the Hard Way
Mel Trevey Offline

Loc: Ft Myers, Fl, USA
Thanks Alec

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online