SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#359310 - 01/23/13 06:14 AM THE AUDYA IS STILL NUMBER " ONE " IN MY BOOK!
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
Hello all my SZ Friends. I thought you might enjoy reading some thoughts and opinions about my Arranger experiences.

My Audya will soon be five years old and I'm happy to report, I am still thrilled with this keyboard. I continue to perform 6 and 7 nights a week so I've given my Audya a tremendous workout and it continues to perform flawlessly.

With the thought of adding some additional variety, I purchased a Tyros 3 shortly after buying the Audya and added it on stage. I soon realized, I was so spoiled on the Audya's " LIVE BAND " sound, I found myself playing the Tyros only a few times during the course of the evening. So I ended up selling it less than a year later and decided to give Korg a try.

Recently a purchased a Korg PA3X with the same thought of providing more versatility on stage for my audiences. Again I was faced with the same dilemma and found myself very disappointed with the overall sound and styles. ( SORRY, Korg fans. ) I will soon be placing it on EBay.

For those of you with experience with Yamaha and Korg, maybe you'll agree that Yamaha win's with their style line up.
With that in mind, I just bought the new PSR S950. After spending a week on it, I admit I'm enjoying the styles, especially the big orchestral offerings it has. However, Yamaha's attempt to follow Ketron's footsteps with offering live audio drums in 25 of their styles, really falls short and there is NO COMPARISON to Ketron!

To sum it all up, I personally still contend, Ketron has achieved the ultimate SOUNDING ARRANGER. PERIOD! Despite the glitches many have experienced in the operating system, the AUDYA is still NUMBER ONE IN MY BOOK!!!!!!!!

Jim

#359319 - 01/23/13 08:41 AM Re: THE AUDYA IS STILL NUMBER " ONE " IN MY BOOK! [Re: NiteLife]
leezone Offline

NiteLife

you are a smart man wink

where have you been?
busy playing your Audya I guess

i too think the AUDYA is AWESOME, and is my favorite out of all arrangers,
and as i've said before, i've tried them all

the Audya is "the best kept secret"

#359323 - 01/23/13 09:44 AM Re: THE AUDYA IS STILL NUMBER " ONE " IN MY BOOK! [Re: NiteLife]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Thanks for sharing your experience. This means more to me than any review, shoot-out or so called 'informed' opinion.

We will be updating the Ketron UK website shortly, would you mind if I used some of your comments there?

#359385 - 01/23/13 10:40 PM Re: THE AUDYA IS STILL NUMBER " ONE " IN MY BOOK! [Re: NiteLife]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Thanks for sharing my friend Nitelife!!
Audya is the best of all Arrangers!!!!! Is realy a LIFE instrument!!!!

#359388 - 01/24/13 02:06 AM Re: THE AUDYA IS STILL NUMBER " ONE " IN MY BOOK! [Re: NiteLife]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Thanks,Jim

The road worthy confirmation is very gratifying, as I already know about how terrific it sounds.

Bernie

#359390 - 01/24/13 03:11 AM Re: THE AUDYA IS STILL NUMBER " ONE " IN MY BOOK! [Re: Bernie9]
Kytrinh Offline

Loc: Australia
My Audya will soon be five years old and I'm happy to report, I am still thrilled with this keyboard. I continue to perform 6 and 7 nights a week so I've given my Audya a tremendous workout and it continues to perform flawlessly.

Thank you Nitelife.. Now I know the Audya is not only Real sounding but also very
"Real-liable".. I hope it will bring you many more years of entertaining others and joy to your life...

Ky.

#359398 - 01/24/13 05:44 AM Re: THE AUDYA IS STILL NUMBER " ONE " IN MY BOOK! [Re: NiteLife]
leezone Offline

I would bet if Jim's Audya was lost, stolen, broken, etc
He wouldn't hesitate to immediately purchase another

I already own the A4 and soon will pick up the A5
I will be selling my A4 as I'll still have my XD3 and G-70 as backup. smile

#359520 - 01/25/13 11:55 AM Re: THE AUDYA IS STILL NUMBER " ONE " IN MY BOOK! [Re: NiteLife]
leezone Offline

NiteLife

you should spend less time playing your Audya and more time on this forum wink

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online