SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#18146 - 04/07/00 10:19 AM i think im going to buy a trinity.. need some info please
Element Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL USA
ive been playing with alot of synths at the local stores here.. they all seem to make interesting noise, but all those are presets and such.. and theres one sound i really wanna make sure i have.. its a bass sound, but its a bit raunchy, if anyone has heard of hybrid, or listens to most darkstep/hardstep knows the bassline im talking about, i looked into the yamaha cs2x but some reason i get an impression its a kids toy, i dont know much about synths, im a guitar player trying to make the cross-over, so far this keyboard has alot of features that i want, but i gotta have that bass sound for my music.. does anyone know what im talking about?, and is the trinity capable of that sound?
let me know.

#18147 - 04/07/00 08:44 PM Re: i think im going to buy a trinity.. need some info please
Vimlesh Offline

Loc: Majuro, Marshall Islands
Hi there,

I've used the Trinity in Fiji for a couple of shows and i think I know what sound you're looking for. You should be able to CREATE the sound you're looking for from the multisounds available. Hint - use both oscillators i.e. double mode sound. This involves some programming and since you're making the cross over it is wise to spend some time learning about editing sounds. A good starting point is to find a preset program that sounds almost like what you want and then morph it to what you think is a reasonably accurate fascimile of the sound you have in mind. I personally own a X3 and there is no factory preset sound on board now. The Trinity multisample soundlist should have a 'hybrid' bass sample.

Best of luck

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online