i think im going to buy a trinity.. need some info please

Posted by: Element

i think im going to buy a trinity.. need some info please - 04/07/00 10:19 AM

ive been playing with alot of synths at the local stores here.. they all seem to make interesting noise, but all those are presets and such.. and theres one sound i really wanna make sure i have.. its a bass sound, but its a bit raunchy, if anyone has heard of hybrid, or listens to most darkstep/hardstep knows the bassline im talking about, i looked into the yamaha cs2x but some reason i get an impression its a kids toy, i dont know much about synths, im a guitar player trying to make the cross-over, so far this keyboard has alot of features that i want, but i gotta have that bass sound for my music.. does anyone know what im talking about?, and is the trinity capable of that sound?
let me know.
Posted by: Vimlesh

Re: i think im going to buy a trinity.. need some info please - 04/07/00 08:44 PM

Hi there,

I've used the Trinity in Fiji for a couple of shows and i think I know what sound you're looking for. You should be able to CREATE the sound you're looking for from the multisounds available. Hint - use both oscillators i.e. double mode sound. This involves some programming and since you're making the cross over it is wise to spend some time learning about editing sounds. A good starting point is to find a preset program that sounds almost like what you want and then morph it to what you think is a reasonably accurate fascimile of the sound you have in mind. I personally own a X3 and there is no factory preset sound on board now. The Trinity multisample soundlist should have a 'hybrid' bass sample.

Best of luck