It happens to almost every electronic musician. It's a way of life for some folks.
The Garage Sale, The Benefit Sale, A blowout sale at the thrift shop. There is one we all wait for: The going out of business blowout sale at your and my [favorite place (to see go out of business LOL)] The Pawn Shop!

What I was wondering is: What was your 2 best deals (purchases).
How much and for what item.
Please don't include freebies (or might as well be a freebie). eg. A Marshall stack with a Les Paul, pedals, works fine, and a Mel Bay "learn the guitar" book all for under fifty bucks would be considered a freebie. An old Fender Twin Reverb wouldn't though.
Any realistic purchase within the past two years.

One I did good with is an entire set of tuning forks for $10. I can see why they sold them because I'm the musician, and I dont even use them either. Lots of compliments on them at the office though.

I picked up a white Musicman Eddie Van Halen Special for $150 too. A real player axe (daily use intended design). Basically I'd say it the guitar doesn't break from a fall or rough shuffle, you can count on it being in tune when you grab it. (w/already streched strings)

Im sure there's somebody in the domain that has done better than me, right?
MORPH!