SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#4404 - 06/05/03 11:45 PM Auto Accompaniment software for XP-80
Payam Offline

Loc: Toronto
Dear all:

I have had my XP-60 for several years and I always wished that I could connect it to a realtime style performer with auto accompaniment for my live performances.

In fact, I wanted to have a software that when the PC is connected to XP-60 via MIDI, it gives the XP-60 the capability of E-86, for example.

In other words, I wanted to get the capability that I could press a key to start a prerecorded style and accompaniment, Fill-in, Have some variation, etc. and when I change chords on the XP-60, the accompaniment also follows that chord progression.

In other words, I need a software program is dedicated to real-time “live” performance with a MIDI keyboard connected to PC, like it is done by the auto accompaniment E-series keyboards.

Any help/software name/link to website in this regards is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
Payam

#4405 - 06/06/03 07:56 AM Re: Auto Accompaniment software for XP-80
RW Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
THAT would be awesome. I hope there is a product. I would certainly be interested myself.

<><
Bob

#4406 - 06/06/03 10:47 AM Re: Auto Accompaniment software for XP-80
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Jammer Live

#4407 - 06/06/03 02:11 PM Re: Auto Accompaniment software for XP-80
RW Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Thanks Fran

<><
Bob

#4408 - 06/09/03 01:17 AM Re: Auto Accompaniment software for XP-80
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
There are a few software packages that will provide auto accompaniment features. Check the Synth Zone Accompaniment Software links at http://www.synthzone.com/midiaccomp.htm

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 06-09-2003).]

#4409 - 06/09/03 05:26 AM Re: Auto Accompaniment software for XP-80
Pilot Offline

Loc: Ontario,Canada
Nigel, you left XGworks off your accompaniment list. This has a built in style generator and an auto arranger. You can use internal and external styles (even copy styles from your keyboard). The big advantage is that it's built right into a powerful sequencer so you don't have to swap programs when developing midi files.

Bryan

#4410 - 06/28/03 03:38 AM Re: Auto Accompaniment software for XP-80
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Pilot, thanks very much for letting me know about XGworks. I hadn't realized it offered that feature as well. I have now added it to my listing.

Gee, I learn so much from my own web site

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 06-28-2003).]

#4411 - 07/03/03 04:28 PM Re: Auto Accompaniment software for XP-80
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
XG works does not respond in real time. It allows the user to step input chords and style variations that can be played back from within the program in the way a seqeuncer plays back a midi file.

One man band ( my personal favorite ), Real Time Style performer, and live styler all play back yamaha type styles with chord input in real time. The only drawback if there is any is to remap the XG sounds to fit the xp-60. Jammer Live plays back Jammer's own proprietary styles in real time with chord input. Good program from what I've seen. I use Jammer Pro, which allows some very detailed and easily varied styles to be made almost instantly, ( as opposed to repeats of prerecorded styles that never change ), but the drawback is that the data is step entered, like XG works, so it isn't useful for live work.

AJ

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online