SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#99641 - 11/28/04 07:16 PM Software Arranger
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Hi everyone!

OK, I love great realistic orchestra sounds, vocals, and of course all of the percussions.
And I want a very flexable arranger, programming wise.

I have a PA1XPRO, great board. I want to go a level better than any arranger out there.

With PC's, sound modules, MIDI of course, very high quality audio cards etc. and of course there are a few great full function MIDI controller keybords with high quality keybeds (76 or 88).

I want a SW arranger with the ability to use all of this technology. PC based full function totally flexable on the sounds I use.

I want the MIDI keyboard switches and sliders to have full control through MIDI messages and SysEX. Full style capability, with many varioations and fills.

How can I do this?
I know there id band in a box, and One man band, but I think they are only basic?

As many of you know Wesrsi has done this, but is very expensive.

Any ideas out there, suggestions on where to look?

Maybe there ia already such a SW arranger program?

Maybe I could develop it? Do the programming myself?

Does anyone else want this too?

Thanks,
Lee

#99642 - 11/29/04 05:35 AM Re: Software Arranger
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
I'd be interested in something like that, although I suspect the cost would be a big factor.

------------------
qqqwq@hotmail.com

#99643 - 11/29/04 05:47 AM Re: Software Arranger
Roel Offline

Both Lionstracs (Italy) and EKO (US) use ordinary PC-hardware/software (Linux & Windows OS) to produce the mediastations.

For some unknown reason these machines do not show up in the shops.

I personally have strong doubts about these arrangers and prefer dedicated soft-and hardware.

#99644 - 12/01/04 02:49 PM Re: Software Arranger
leeboy Offline

Roel and all,

Well, I think it will be the way to go in a few years. Wersi has a great product right now. Yeh, I know some of you don't think so, but I have 3 CD here that are from Wersi performances and the sounds of the instruments are superb (they do not have near the limitation on samples as we do on the hardware arrangers. They (Wersi, Liontracs etc)sell you all of it, and I want to use my own PC. I would love to have te flexibity of using soft synths as well as sound modules.

Wersi now has available the new expansion EX-1 which is essitially the complete instument minus the keyboards! All you do is add your own MIDI keyboard (s) or add this to your existing arranger or synth. But once again you are buying their PC. It runs on XP, and has Cusbase included.

I am only using this as an example, i'm not tying to start a Wersi thread. They have their own BBS.

I was trying to do my research to see what is available and who out there has experience with any of them. I just downloaded One Man Band, and I will see how it works. I'm afraid however it is more entry level.

What I reall would love is a PRO quality program, maybe using the best of all of the worlds (SD-1, Tyros, PA1XPRO, G-70 etc).

Lee

Now that PC's are really getting fast and the os is so much better, I think the time is coming that all this will work very well.

#99645 - 12/01/04 03:08 PM Re: Software Arranger
FKC Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Hi,
WERSI is effectively a builder of luxurious keyboards but so expensive.
You should be interested in the builder KETRON who, in this same spirit, commercializes keyboards more accessible but nevertheless serious.
The SD1 is the typical example of it and some go even compare him with products WERSI on many points.
You will find subjects of dicussions "in French" on this product here : http://fr.groups.yahoo.com/group/france-ketron-club/
Web : http://www.france-ketron-club.fr.st/
Best regards
FKC

#99646 - 12/01/04 04:47 PM Re: Software Arranger
leeboy Offline

FKC,
Thanks for the info, however it is in French, so I can not read it. Do they have the same in English?

Thanks,
Lee

#99647 - 12/02/04 08:44 AM Re: Software Arranger
FKC Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Hi Lee,

As regards forum Ketron in English, you will find that of Bob at this address:
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/solton/
Otherwise, here is WERSI's international page which, as you know him, is a German builder.
http://www.en.wersi.net/index.html

We have chance, here in France very not to be far ;-)

FKC

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online