SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#99446 - 10/30/05 08:38 PM Turbosound Speakers
sunster Offline

Loc: Mumbai, INDIA
Hi,

Has anybody used these speakers from TURBOSOUND...supposedly an English Company. If so, could you comment.

Regards
SUNNY

#99447 - 11/13/05 11:48 AM Re: Turbosound Speakers
KN_Fan Offline

I don't know much about this brand, except it's not a new company. I think it's probably mainly for big event kinda speakers (but I could be wrong). I know that one of our competitors used this brand (my family is in the sound system rental industry).

I don't know what you will use this speaker for, but if you also have the money and you really want a powerful set of speakers, try Apogee. Be prepared to take a Home Equity Loan though.

#99448 - 11/14/05 07:21 AM Re: Turbosound Speakers
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
In the early 80's, when I was more active in a sound production company I own part of, we purchased a bunch of Turbosound equipment, which was what the producers of most of the national touring acts required. They were expensive but we had to get them to secure the high end business. We used them at venues with up to 25,000 people. Some are still in use, but I'm sure something else is the "equipment of the day" (now, I just sign the checks).

They were rugged (early powered speakers)
and sounded GREAT! If it's the same company, an the price is right, you probably can't go wrong.

Regards,

Russ

#99449 - 11/14/05 09:21 AM Re: Turbosound Speakers
coca Offline

Turbosound is a well establish Speaker Company. They make speaker for big concert just like EAW and Meyer sound. Recently, Turbosound has the blue line where you see at the guitar. Those speakers are sound fantastic. I love the build-in crossover of the subwoofer where you take the main output of your mixer into the amp, amp to sub, sub to top. This is a greater because you need only amp to drive both subwoofers and the tops. This is where they call passive 3 ways. You don’t need a separate crossover. The speaker is pretty cheap but I bit heavy. Bank for the buck. If you decide to run Bi-amp with an external crossover, I prefer the 12" than the 15". It sounds smoother. Don’t forget to check out the new EV Z4 or SX-300E. Super light and sound really good too.

Kevin

#99450 - 11/14/05 09:23 AM Re: Turbosound Speakers
coca Offline

Sorry about the spelling and grammar. I am in the rush ļ

#99451 - 11/14/05 11:30 PM Re: Turbosound Speakers
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hi, Turbosound has other 2 very well known competidors...Meyersound and of course, EAW, all are been use in large or very large venues.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online