SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#99422 - 02/02/01 07:53 PM Pic of the X1 oreintal
samerk81 Offline

Loc: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Salam ya arab (hi everyone):
I was playing with the old pic of the x1 on adobe Photoshop i made what should be the new x1 oriental. I saw the X1 oriental on a lebanese TV channel and this is verymuch how it looked. I just changed the pitch bend wheel. (this is not a real pic!). If any one has the real pic please share it with us.
Here is the pic: http://www.freepichosting.com/GalleryImage/13973.jpg

Enjoy :-)
Salam (by)

Samer Kadoura

#99423 - 02/03/01 03:36 AM Re: Pic of the X1 oreintal
naziz Offline

Loc: liverpool, Uk
Dear Samer
You’re in Canada watching a Lebanese channel that had an oriental X1 displayed, which matched what you imagined for a keyboard that George Kaye says he has it in stock but does not know the selling price. Moreover, Eddy Awadda has more details on the functions of the keyboard that are neither included in the user manual nor known to ketron people themselves. What is even worse is the silence of the marketing team at Solton whom I e-mailed twice in this week regarding the availability of the board with the European standards (mains supply) and still waiting for a reply. One thing for sure, let's continue imagining!
Nabil Aziz

#99424 - 02/03/01 06:50 AM Re: Pic of the X1 oreintal
vic83 Offline

Loc: Florida
do any of you guys have an mp3 for the X1ORIENTAL?

------------------
vic

#99425 - 02/03/01 07:32 AM Re: Pic of the X1 oreintal
eddy awada Offline

Loc: MI,usa
Hello Nabil
I couldn't agree more with you, let me tell you I suffered to gather some information on the X1 oriental in the beginning thank god there is someone like George Kay out there because how many music stores can you find here in the USA that are interested on selling oriental keyboard not only that the guy is very knowledgeable in that area too, add to that he is very friendly, I’ll give you an example when I got my X1 I called over seas to ask some question (I’m not going to name any body), very rood and bluntly his answer was :you have to buy the keyboard from me in order for me to help you ,it's like he expects me to get on the plane and fly over seas for over 15 hours just to buy a keyboard from him so he can help me. Look the x1 oriental is a great keyboard no doubt I’ve been using it for few months now and I love it, you want one George Kay is selling them he has one right now that says oriental on it, mind you the oriental version as I said before is just like any regular X1 with the same functions but with a xy joy stick and some Arabic writing on it, if you decide to buy one I advice you to get it from George Kay because not only you're buying a great product but also you will be getting a great support and mostly dealing with a great person unlike some people over seas with attitude.
Thanks
Eddy

#99426 - 02/03/01 07:39 AM Re: Pic of the X1 oreintal
eddy awada Offline

Hello VIC83
I will be working soon on a demo for the X1 oriental when I have enough time once I have it ready I’ll try to convert it to MP3.i just got my self a new toy to add to my collection witch’s the Roland XV-5080 and I know it'll be taking most of my time in the upcoming couple of weeks maybe months.
Eddy

#99427 - 02/03/01 10:16 AM Re: Pic of the X1 oreintal
naziz Offline

Loc: liverpool, Uk
Dear Eddy
Thank you for your respose. What I understood from your posting few days ago on the oriental X1 is that you do not need anymore the quarter tone convertion box (which comes as a standard part of the oriental kit upgrade for the standard X1). In the New X1 the quarter tone is instantaneously available through the 13 buttons of the parts volume , and that you can change the tone of any note as you play. if my understanding is correct then the difference berween the standard and the new oriental X1 is not only limited to the X_Y switch. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Nabil Aziz

#99428 - 02/03/01 12:21 PM Re: Pic of the X1 oreintal
eddy awada Offline

hello nabil
You misunderstood, once you upgrade the os of a standard X1 to 3.2a it will have the exact same functions as the oriental X1 trust me on this one, except the oriental one has few Arabic words on it and a joy stick, by having os 3.2a loaded in any X1 will allow you to access to Arabic notes in several different ways and I’m going to state them for you:

1-you can go to the utility page by pressing couple of buttons to get to a screen where it will display the notation table then by pressing any note of the highest octave it will detune it by -50,pressing it again will set it to 0.this is not a convenient way to use the Arabic tuning.
2-an easier way is to press button that says "TO ROOT" then you can use the last octave the same way, it’s quicker to use this way. But still not quick enough in live playing.
3-by pressing the button that says "SLOW/FAST" you can access one of 13 preset scales by using the volume buttons, now keep in mind and here where you got confused, those are preset scales and they don't act like the 13 switch quarter note box witch means by pressing one button it will cancel one scale and bring another preset one. Not very convenient.
4-the quarter note box witch's the most convenient way and you will need this box whether you have a regular or oriental X1.

cheers
eddy

#99429 - 02/03/01 07:02 PM Re: Pic of the X1 oreintal
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I took some pictures of the X1 oriental today at my store with my digital camera, but I'm waiting to get a copy of photo shop on Tuesday so I can edit the size of the pictures. I don't understand much about digital pictures but my employee who does says that the picture size and the file size as it goes into my imac is to big and will take to long to upload and download. I can also let you know the price if you want to email me directly of the X1 Oriental with HardDrive.
George Kaye
(Retired 2021)

#99430 - 02/05/01 12:06 PM Re: Pic of the X1 oreintal
Vquestor Offline

Does the X4 (module version of the X1),
also have a oriental version, or must you
buy the "X1 oriental upgrade kit"?

#99431 - 02/05/01 09:39 PM Re: Pic of the X1 oreintal
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
You need to buy the oriental kit and use it with the regular X4.
George Kaye
(Retired 2021)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online