SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 14 of 24 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 23 24 >
Topic Options
#99253 - 04/27/06 08:33 AM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by GlennT:
Hmmmmmm, when was the last time you saw a superstar without beauty and charm?

Two words:

Gilbert Godfried!

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#99254 - 04/27/06 08:52 AM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
whaddya mean, Gilbert Godfried has no charm? SON OF A B....

chas

#99255 - 04/27/06 09:21 AM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
.....or, maybe the majority of Kelly's fan base don't yet own phones. Actually, I'm ashamed to have said that. Disappointed in you too, Tony. What's the point of making that kind of statement. All it does is stir up crap. They both seem to be very nice young ladies, regardless of race. One is more likable, the other a better singer (though not THE best). Since it's a singing contest, couldn't we just assume that America voted along those lines.
Peace,
chas

WHOA !!! FIRST, LET ME APOLOGIZE TO ANYONE I MAY HAVE INSULTED... I guess I should have figured I would be misinterpreted by that statement ... I CERTAINLY DID NOT mean to imply anything RACIST !!! ... I have spent approximately two - thirds of my life being brought up and living in NYC, so I am very comfortable with diversity ... to me being a racist is a HATEFUL thing ... but leaning towards one's own nationality or ethnic background is a pretty common trait ... let me admit, that if there are two people of equal abilities (which I think Kellie and Paris may be), and one is of Italian heritage, and the other is not, I most likely will lean towards the Italian ... REMEMBER, I SAID IF BOTH PEOPLE HAD EQUAL ABILITIES ... ... that is ALL I had in mind when I made the statement ...
t.

#99256 - 04/27/06 09:34 AM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Tony, I got your meaning..I would have voted for Kellie because she is blond...I would have voted for Paris if she was blond.
Chas, I think you knew where Tony was coming from..

Also if you are a homely star...you are really talented..

Barbara, has an appeal that is there...she can be sexy[early years]..Same with Celine..

Now Jagger!!! I have no idea..He is and always was ugly..and to me not talented..sort of like a lot of us..

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 04-27-2006).]

#99257 - 04/27/06 09:49 AM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
What I couldn't figure out was what was all the fuss behind making the show an Andrea Bocelli theme.
Yes...great voice, but his claim to fame has been in his native language, and his songs are beautiful, but come on. There are any number of great "love song" singers who have covered the classics.

And personally, I'm getting a little tired of Randy's "Yo Dog" "Listen Up" "Yo Yo" "Yo...Wazzup"...it gets old really fast.

Paula's comments are always a rewind.."I'm so proud of you" "You've taken this competition to heart, and made it your own...yada yada yada...etc...etc"...Same comments...every show.

The only honest "critic" in the bunch is Simon.

Who's gonna win......not the viewers, that's for sure.

------------------
...shboom

[This message has been edited by shboom (edited 04-27-2006).]

#99258 - 04/27/06 10:20 AM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
RyanS Offline

Loc: Jackson, MO, USA
I'm sorry to see Kelly go, but it had to be somebody. Her hair Tuesday night did not help any either. I don't know what hair stylist decided it would look good to make a big hump in the middle of your head, but I'm sorry, it looks God awful on anyone. I've seen plenty of girls around here with that style and it just doesn't work.

#99259 - 04/27/06 10:28 AM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
tony mads usa Offline

.... another comment I made to my wife was "Kellie's not going to get by on her looks tonight" ... guess I was right ...
But what a difference from the clips they had of her in the 'early days' !!!

PS Ryan - where is "around here" ?
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 04-27-2006).]

#99260 - 04/27/06 03:15 PM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
WHOA !!! [b] FIRST, LET ME APOLOGIZE TO ANYONE I MAY HAVE INSULTED... t.[/B]

Tony, apology accepted. I never figured you for anything like a racist (although New Yorkers aren't automatically immune). But I still say that comments like "of course Paris will get the minority (ie. Black) vote is really saying "of COURSE all the Blacks are going to vote for Paris" as though Blacks use only ONE criteria for voting, RACE, and are incapable of making an independent decision. (Sadly) the Democratic party made the same erroneous assumption in the last two Presidential elections. First, let me say that I doubt that very many African-American adults are going to sit around for two hours trying to text message or "power dial" into Americn Idol (just a hunch on my part, having been Black for quite a few years). Further, as far as I can tell, most Black teens and (very) young adults tend to be more into RAP and Hip-Hop (I personally don't know what the difference is) and could care less about the type of material Paris is doing. I also think that they are astute enough to know that there are at least 5-10 Brothers or Sisters within three blocks of their house with more talent (albeit untapped) than 98% of the contestants on American Idol. Therefore, I'm guessing that the percentage of Black votes is somewhere between small and insignificant. JMO of course. ALSO, Fran, how can you presume to know what's in my head....although I suppose it's possible since you seem to know everything else.

Peace,

chas

[This message has been edited by cgiles (edited 04-27-2006).]

#99261 - 04/27/06 04:28 PM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Come on Chas..Lighten up..Sorry you feel that I think I know everything...

From what I can tell, most of the long time posters here seem not to be racist, or even arrogant..

My comment was to defuse bad feelings , and not to incite them..

#99262 - 04/27/06 04:35 PM Re: AMERICAN IDOL....Who will be the Next One?
tony mads usa Offline

chas ... I sincerely apologized ... a simple "apology accepted" would have been enough ... I don't know why you felt you had to continue to berate or lecture me, but you did, and I hope it made your day ...
I have been properly chastized ...

This will be my last comment on this subject on this thread ...

Peace to all ...

t.

PS Fran ... I was happy to see that not everyone misunderstood my intent ...

t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 04-27-2006).]

Page 14 of 24 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 23 24 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online