SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#98117 - 02/25/05 01:56 AM Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion?
Alone&Forsaken Offline

Save picture as, crop out dolt that took a picture of himself breaking a "non disclosure agreement" post that up.

lol if Yamaha wants to hide a picture of the Tyros 2...while Korg floods the media with the oasys and Alesis floods it with the Fusion thats their choise:P

If Yamaha is reading this, Im looking forward to their VA keyboard and reworked motif that has an excellent display on top of 24bit recording with some XLRs. In other words...Im looking forward to a fantasy where half the fantasy is a half decade reality with other instrument makers.

#98118 - 02/25/05 06:16 AM Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion?
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Well,
at least now we know that IT WAS actually a picture of the new Tyros 2....
Jim (The Pro) published the same picture on Harmony Central and the following day the picture was deleted due to a Yamaha request, based on a "non desclosure agreement" that exists between manufacturers and places like that one.

Yes - I had just been discussing the Tyros 2 the previous day on the HC forums and when those pix showed up here I cross-posted them. The HC administrators removed them at Yamaha's request.

I find it telling that Yamaha can monitor our conversations so closely that they can remove pictures and things they don't want published almost immediately, but they won't even come close to our needs for a true 76-note replacement for the 9000 Pro (and we can all tell already that the Tyros 2 ain't it). This shows that their priority is to not to engage in free conversation about their products with their user base but to somehow control the conversation. It's tempting to envision some evil overlord watching what we say and do but actually they are a bunch of paranoid nerds running around in constant fear of their jobs. I'm sure Yamaha didn't want pix of their new keyboard released until the official announcement, but once they were on the web it was too late - now they've made themselves look even worse by forcing people and websites to withdraw the posts. If I had a poor opinion of Yamaha before this incident, it's worse now.

The Tyros 2 is D.O.A. in my opinion. Yamaha shouldn't even bother releasing it.

#98119 - 02/25/05 06:57 AM Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion?
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
when yamaha release new boards there are small improvents from their last boards,the only time there are big improvements is where their competition release a new state of the art board,they listen to our ideas,but lets face it if they were to put ALL our ideas into 1 board most people would buy it and so there would be very few sales of future boards cause if you had the perfect board why would you change it,mike

#98120 - 02/25/05 07:11 AM Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion?
Tomcat Offline

Loc: Ft Collins Colorado, USA
LOL, it also didn't take Yamaha long after the ink was dry on the sale of Steinberg to them (Cubase, Nuendo, etc) to break all the links to download manuals that Pinnacle had posted. No more manuals available for free; we're now back to the old Steinberg policy of no serial number, no manual. So now, even though I got a copy of Cubasis 4 VST as part of Garritan Personal Orchestra, there was no manual with it, only the built in help files, so now I can't download the manual because, as OEM inclusion, there is no serial number with it. I was interested in trying to use it , but without a manual, I certainly won't be doing much with it because having to only use the on screen help is a real PITA to me.

As time goes on and I get more and more DXi's and VSTi's up and running without problems, I'm beginning to care less and less what Yamaha, Korg and Roland are doing because they will become more and more irrelevant to me and what I'm doing. I have a Trinity V3, Tyros,a Fantom XR, and a Wavestation EX, and that is most likely the end of my hardware buying, since I strictly use this stuff in my studio. My outside "paying" job is as a church organist and the church furnishes the organ, so I don't have to pack up and haul anything around.

Tom

------------------
Bigger is not always better

#98121 - 02/25/05 07:16 AM Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion?
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
I don't buy that idea tha Yamaha couldn't possibly put all of our ideas into one keyboard. I mean, that's certainly true enough but ONE single improvement would generate a lot of interest and sales: a 76-note keyboard. Yet Yamaha is purposely distancing itself from this one vital feature. I suspect that Yamaha fears having their home keyboard division support people having to answer to pro players.

[This message has been edited by The Pro (edited 02-25-2005).]

#98122 - 02/25/05 07:53 AM Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion?
Alone&Forsaken Offline

" only time there are big improvements is where their competition release a new state of the art board "

Stuff like the Ion, MS2000, and Microkorg came out years ago...Yamaha still hasn't been pushed to answer that call.

Beyond that random...within Yamaha's own respective lines, Yamaha themselves have keyboards from a decade ago that sport features today's like priced boards from them completely lack. Its not anything about an ideal keyboard from them, its that basic features are just held back for no logical reason. Heck just compare the effect selections on their current boards to see a ton of odd contradictions.

Basic of the basic...looking at new from Yamaha you have to spend near a thousand just to get independent 1/4 Left/Right outs ( unless you count that horrid So3 "synth" ). When they have competitors offering that ( and more ) on keyboards in the 400$ price range.

Not that I have some silly hate for Yamaha, I actively use many things from them...just their keyboards for the past few years have been bah with me. Unless you just need Yamaha arranger features or are completely enamored with the beat box elements of the Motif, they offer nothing you cant get both better and cheeper from someone else.

Hahaha I mean people are looking forward to the Tyros 2 cause its Mega voices are/might be playable :P Have to kinda think about that one...shouldn't the ability to play a voice been a basic DUH on the first Tyros to start with. The only way one could think otherwise is if they go for the marketing excuse spin of "blah blah blah blah complex something blah blah " from Yamaha. Sorry...just all the mega/cool/live/sweet buzzword crap got to me, regardless of the quality of the voices one has to wonder when Yamaha tells them " oh we have super magic samples...super magic multisamples even and its all new stuff magic stuff that errr picks up every nuance of....oh yeah the instruments we sampled."

#98123 - 02/25/05 07:55 AM Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
My opinion is this: Yamaha is working on this prototype. Somebody took an unauthorized photo, and they want to handle the publicity and release in their own time. It will likely be many months before it's ready in its "final" form. (After that, the first wave of buyers will field-test it for them.)
I also feel that Yamaha is too big to want to cater to a few pros. They build the keyboards for the mass market, which is home players. That is where they make the profit. If pros find them adequate to use, fine. If not, fine also. They would rather sell to a million or so buyers than a few hundred.
The 9000 Pro is a perfect example. It's just as much work for them to support a keyboard that's tailored for that few hundred (or thousand) than something like a PSR3000, which appeals to a huge number of buyers.
Also, that huge number is not nearly as critical or demanding as the small number of 9000 Pro users. For every Jim Esh or Dave Boyd or Don Mason there are a hundred thousand Sally Smiths. She is a little old lady who, along with her husband Jim, is retired and enjoys listening to Jim play "Somewhere My Love" with single finger chords and one-note melody, which he plays by following the lighted keys.
Yes, that's probably extreme, but you get the point. The Yamaha US guys such as Steve are wonderful, but in reality have very little to say about what the guys in Japan decide to market. Again, just my opinion.
GEM, Korg and Ketron have indeed released flagships that target pros. I wonder if they are very successful sales-wise.
On a related point, I think the small companies such as Ketron CAN afford to target a more sophisticated clientele. I hope they continue to have the resources and motivation to do this. The Midjay indicates that Ketron is looking at a bigger market--DJ types. For every one of us that plays Arrangers for money, there are most likely thousands of DJ-Karaoke types who have day-jobs that give them expendable money to buy "toys" they can
use on the weekends.
Having said all this, I look forward to seeing what the Tyros 2 has to offer.
DonM

#98124 - 02/25/05 08:03 AM Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion?
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
i suspect that yamaha produce over 20 boards at any one time WHY so many?i agree that a 76 keyboard is a top priority,the pro was certainly a great board from the users point of view but not from yamaha,s,if they don,t make one, others will,maybe as you say the home keyboardist makes them more money than the pro,s (their attitude, why should we bother),mike

#98125 - 02/25/05 08:15 AM Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion?
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by nardoni2002:
[B]when yamaha release new boards there are small improvents from their last boards,the only time there are big improvements is where their competition release a new state of the art board,B]

I supposed that Yamaha could do that because they can. I mean they know that they are the best or at lease one of the best in the business when it comes to arranger keyboards based on sales and user reviews so they can afford to make a new arranger with only adding one or two new features from the previous one. I.e. psr 2000-psr2100 and now probably Tyros and Tyros2.

BTW regarding 76 keys and having most if not all the features in one keyboard, I would not be surprised if Yamaha in their next flagship workstation incorporate a more software based system. It would probably have most things like the Motif keyboard, VST use and support and arranger features. The user would probably be able to work easily between the keyboard and a computer. They would probably have it in 61, 76 and 88 keys and most importantly they would have it priced to where most pro musicians can and would buy it.

To me, it is only inevitable given their competition like Korg and Mediastation to name a few. Yamaha is probably in the best position to make such a keyboard at a reasonable price given their market sheer, huge customer loyalty and their recent acquisition of VST.

#98126 - 02/25/05 08:21 AM Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion?
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Who was the guy actually playing the instrument?
Where was this picture taken? I think I could see other instruments in the background.
There was certainly an audience, and the guy probably played because his hand shows up as a blur in the photo.
Just curious

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online