SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#98157 - 02/27/05 07:13 AM Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion?
YamahaAndy Offline

I saw the pictures of the new Yamaha Tyros. It seemed to be too good to be a faked picture, but this could be a protoype of the real thing or some of the first made units of it. When it comes to appearance it is pretty likely it will look like that, but they might yet improve a lot of things inside it which in turn might change a few details in the hardware interface.

What the prictures proove I think is that Yamaha in fact will market a new version of the Tyros soon and that the Tyros keyboards have been pretty successful in sales. So this is good news for us, at least for me, because I enjoy the Tyros series extremely much! I think it's still the best available arranger out there. Mega voice was a revolution sound wise, however I don't think anyone will be satisfied enough with another version of Tyros with as hard to use Mega voices as the first version and I think Yamaha has realised that it is not inline with its easy and powerful interface and will be much too irritating to be found in the new version.So playable Mega voices is really likely to be found in the next Tyros.

It will be interesting to see what they do about the expandability problem that the first Yamaha Tyros had. In order to be inline with the rest of the market and to maximize the Tyros market they need to do something about the expandability. The hard drive might be built-in in the new version, simply because more functionality demands storage on a higher level than floppy disks, especially since it is expected to have network features. Further either a sampler or expander card functionality is likely to be found in it.

One more thing I think they should include in this version, that they touched a little in the first version, is surround mixes. They have the knowledge, now is the right time to introduce it to home keyboardists.

When it comes to keys I don't think they will introduce any non 61-key version of it yet, simply because it has MIDI functionality and is a keyboard arranger for a mass market.

If none of these features I mentioned, will be found in the Tyros 2, I think it will be a major dissapointment. The network support and improved Mega voices is what I find most likely in the upcoming version of the Tyros. That is two very obvious things they saved when the first version was made.

It will also be interesting to see what they do about the song recording problem. In the first version they separated the song recording by USB and built a simple recorder mostly for style recording. However, for some reason they built in an event editor as well, something that made the sequencer extremely unbalanced. That's why I think they might add a few more basic things in the sequencer, such as measure processing, overdubbing and a measure meter.

People at Yamaha is reading what we say about the Tyros here on Synthzone very much. Both Synthzone and Harmony Central is carefully watched when it comes to this subject because it is good and cheap feedback by the right persons.

[This message has been edited by YamahaAndy (edited 02-27-2005).]

[This message has been edited by YamahaAndy (edited 02-27-2005).]

#98158 - 02/27/05 09:35 AM Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion?
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by Burkels:
There seems to be only one way to find out. Let's wake the giant I'll e-mail Yamaha and ask them to have a look on my site to see the image, and I'll ask them what's so wrong with that picture. Either it's not a Tyros II at all, or they may have some other explanation. We'll see.

(EDIT) - Mail sent.

[This message has been edited by Burkels (edited 02-27-2005).]

Dandy idea - let's all host the Tyros 2 images on our personal websites and see if Yamaha calls each of us. *ring* Hmmm, now who could that be?

[This message has been edited by The Pro (edited 02-27-2005).]

#98159 - 02/27/05 10:15 AM Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion?
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Nope, not on my site, and I would never buy
a Tyros2 if "cutting edges" is the only new
thing added...
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#98160 - 02/27/05 10:30 AM Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion?
BlkNotes Offline

Dear YamahaAndy & Others;

The playable Mega voice technology has already avaliable on the Clavinova series. So, it would be very easy for Yam to place it on their new tyros. But I wouldn't exactly call that ground breaking. No.1 the technology has been around in yamahas line. No.2 its avaliable from other companies ( ex. Korg, Roland etc..) Mega-voice its just a marketing term. What we are really talking about, it to capature the realism of other instruments while playing keys on a keyboard instead of strings/sticks/mouth etc...

Now, if yamaha could take the realism of instruments in both the voices and styles sections to another level, that would be more impressive [beyond the clavinova--since that is now not new technology anymore]. But, just to keep this in perspective there is VST software that is currently avaliable that is very impressive, and knocks the competition on its behind.

Also, why does the clavinova (CVP-307/309)have more technology/features and advancements than the Tyros? It can't be the price difference, since the Tyros compariviely has a cheap case compared to its competitors and it is no where comparable to the extra cost that is incorporated in the Clavinova with its elaboarte cases-with wood finishes/internal speakers, foot pedals etc.. So why wasn't the extra technology placed into the Tyros. It is after all its Top Model arranger.

I hope Yamaha just doesn't play catch up with the Tyros, and make it competative to the other current top model arrangers. That would be a shame. We don't need another "me to" keyboard. We want a KB to excite & inspre us!!! At the minimum it would be nice to see them place all the advancements/ technology/sound/styles etc..[ AWM tone generation /128 + 128-note polyphony /386 Accompaniment Styles-Mega Voice Styles--
34 Session! Styles ---640 x 480 dot VGA color LCD ,just to name a few, that have already been avaliable on the Clavinovas. Further, what about features that have been avaliable on other keyborads for years--virtual draw-bars, sampling capabilites with lots of ram!!!! which would allow loading some decent quality samples. 76 keys would be very nice, but somehow I don't think this is going to happen. Someone at yamaha has made this decision ( I don't know why) and is sticking to it.

Regards;
BN

#98161 - 02/27/05 11:06 AM Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion?
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Quote:
Originally posted by The Pro:

Dandy idea - let's all host the Tyros 2 images on our personal websites and see if Yamaha calls each of us. *ring* Hmmm, now who could that be?

No, I meant to ask them to have a look at my site. Tom has mentioned the direct links to the boards where the pictures are shown, so if Yamaha is watching this board, they'll end up on my site anyway.

------------------
Roland EXR-5 user - http://www.exr5.tk
DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM
http://www.keyboardforum.nl

#98162 - 02/27/05 12:33 PM Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion?
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
It appears to me this thread is making much to do about nothing. All the TyrosII talk and pics are (at this point) rumor and hearsay. Yamaha has asked references to the pic be deleted. I think their request is reasonable and should be respected.

Eddie

#98163 - 02/27/05 12:51 PM Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion?
Burkels Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by btweengigs:
It appears to me this thread is making much to do about nothing. All the TyrosII talk and pics are (at this point) rumor and hearsay. Yamaha has asked references to the pic be deleted. I think their request is reasonable and should be respected.
Eddie

I beg to differ, Sir. :-)

Yamaha let someone perform live on the II, allowing people to make videos and pictures of it. You must be terribly naive to think that those pictures would not appear on the internet in no-time. Lots of people are interested in news like that.

------------------
DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM

#98164 - 02/28/05 09:17 AM Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion?
Burkels Offline

Ok, so I got a call from Yamaha The Netherlands today.

We agreed that I would take the pictures off of the website, even though Yamaha has no legal grounds to force people to remove any image that was made by a private person (i.e. it is not an official copyrighted Yamaha-image). We don't want to offend Yamaha, so we agreed to work with them here.

However, the conversation I had convinces me that we did have a sneak peek at the real Tyros 2 here.

Thanks for all the visits to my forum , but you can stop trying now. The pictures are gone.

------------------
DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM

#98165 - 02/28/05 09:27 AM Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion?
tracknet Offline

But what about Tyros II may be said from these pictures?
Nothing at all, I think. If there are changes in souds, styles, etc, they will be into the keyboard, not visible at its surface.
Because if you compares that picture with a Tyros I, you will see a very few buttons more here (at left side) and a few buttons less there (right side). It is all.
All the rest seems the same. And, pity, the same smaller keys!!!.

#98166 - 02/28/05 11:49 AM Re: What happend to the Tyros2 link and discussion?
zalmi Offline

Loc: London, UK
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by btweengigs:
Eddie
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I beg to differ, Sir. :-)

Yamaha let someone perform live on the II, allowing people to make videos and pictures of it. You must be terribly naive to think that those pictures would not appear on the internet in no-time. Lots of people are interested in news like that.

Burkels,

What made you suddenly change your mind that Yamaha's request is indeed reasonable and should be respected?

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online