SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#98021 - 01/03/03 06:25 AM Who had the MOST INTERESTING experience while playing/working/gigging on NYE?!?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Not playing this year, I missed some of the characters and happenings on New Year's Eve ... How about sharing some of the interesting/funny stories that MUST have occurred??? ... .
t.

#98022 - 01/03/03 06:41 AM Re: Who had the MOST INTERESTING experience while playing/working/gigging on NYE?!?
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Florida folks tend not to dress up as much for social functions as in many other parts of the country. Exceptions, are weddings, charity balls and New Year's Eve. This year I saw ladies in stunning gowns and men in their tuxes.... including one tall gentleman who looked to be in his mid 50s and was decked out in black tails
......topped off with a New York Yankee's baseball cap.
Eddie

#98023 - 01/03/03 06:57 AM Re: Who had the MOST INTERESTING experience while playing/working/gigging on NYE?!?
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
I never-ever drink on the job at a gig, with the sole exception of NYE. Even then the circustances have to be just right, as they were this past one. Private party of 150 people that I'd played for before. Champagne is my alcohol of choice and I put away something like three bottles in three hours myself, maybe more I dunno - you lose count when they come in plastic cups. Dangerously, I pulled off the party without missing more than a few notes and my patrons even gave me a bonus on top of the very good pay... but I had a hell of a time trying to pack up afterwards and load out in a monsoon. Fortunately my wife handled me well and even drove my around to wish my other fellow musos a happy as they were loading out at other nearby gigs. Since the rain had done in my hair and my ultra-colorful outfit and I was completely trashed I looked something like a rooster on acid. My no-hangover tip: two aspirin before going to bed. I was woozy the next day (and had to play) but ok.

#98024 - 01/03/03 07:34 AM Re: Who had the MOST INTERESTING experience while playing/working/gigging on NYE?!?
tony mads usa Offline

btwn ... that's great about the NY Yankees hat ... THE way to top off a tux!!! ...

Pro ... Really surprised about the 'drinking on the job' ... I often will start the night with a cocktail, but after that it's usually water, no ice ... Glad to hear you made it through ok, AND thank God for your loving wife ... Does she work with you? ...
t.

#98025 - 01/03/03 11:39 AM Re: Who had the MOST INTERESTING experience while playing/working/gigging on NYE?!?
The Pro Offline

Tony: Yeah, it goes badly against my principals to drink at all while working but every other NYE if I know the people I am working for well then I allow myself to screw up. I didn't touch a drop last NYE, even at midnight. Maybe I shouldn't have told that story but I need to take myself less seriously from time to time. It was me in a small hurricane trying to load out in a stupor that had to look ridiculous.

My wife is an amateur musician, not a professional, and she does not work with me on stage. She's a terrific supporter though.

#98026 - 01/03/03 11:42 AM Re: Who had the MOST INTERESTING experience while playing/working/gigging on NYE?!?
The Pro Offline

Speaking of dress, there was a guy at the party I played with full tuxedo and top hat, but no pants. He was in his boxers. It was a loose crowd...

#98027 - 01/03/03 12:30 PM Re: Who had the MOST INTERESTING experience while playing/working/gigging on NYE?!?
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Tony Mads USA,
How did your medical appointment turn out?
Starkeeper

#98028 - 01/03/03 12:59 PM Re: Who had the MOST INTERESTING experience while playing/working/gigging on NYE?!?
tony mads usa Offline

Starkeeper ... thanks for asking... We won't get results for 1 week ... The test was uncomfortable, but not really painful ... It was an ultra-sound biopsy of the prostate .. something we 'more experienced' (in years) guys have to deal with ... I won't go into details, but they take 12 biopsies (sp?) to check things out ...
We will keep praying, and I want to thank all my forum family for your support and prayers .....
Just keep on keepin' on ... and make beautiful music every moment you can.....
AND keep those NYE stories coming in...
t.
Peace, Love, and Patience

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 01-03-2003).]

#98029 - 01/03/03 01:10 PM Re: Who had the MOST INTERESTING experience while playing/working/gigging on NYE?!?
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
Yeah, we played NYE.
I'm on guitar, Front, stage left.
There was this one particular woman, who obviously had had a fair bit to drink.
To make a long story short, who here hasn't seen the Seinfeld episode about Elain's dancing.
It was extremely hard to keep a straight face....let alone remember lyrics, while watching this clown make a fool of herself.

Hope everyone out there had a good time.
On the down side: New Years Day I was transporting bins and gear back to our rehearsal spot, stop at a gas station, and went I went to leave, my starter froze up in my truck. So much for what I'd earned on NYE.
Hope that wasn't an indication as to what to expect in 2003.

[This message has been edited by Leon (edited 01-03-2003).]

#98030 - 01/04/03 06:32 AM Re: Who had the MOST INTERESTING experience while playing/working/gigging on NYE?!?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
We we had a couple ALMOST have sex on the dance floor in front of us. As a matter of fact, they started stripping each other at the urging of the crowd and we got quite a show.

Heck, we could have played the chicken dance song and no one would have noticed, but boy that couple will surely be headliners at next years NE bash!!!

AL G

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online