SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#98016 - 07/03/07 12:19 PM Re: Can't figure how to play piano like Jerry Lee Lewis
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Nope, don't sing or play the song and have no intention or desire to do so anytime soon

The Pizza Hut I work for is "VERY" popular. Again (our store) ranks as one of the top Pizza Huts in the state--and we're probaby one of the "smaller" stores (physically in size).

I live in the 4th fastest growing city in West Virginia. The population boom here over the last 10 years would blow your mind. The amount of business we do is probably 5-6 times over what the store was built to handle. We have a small dining room, but on Wednesday nights we got people that will literally "stand" to get to that buffet

I like working for this company (at least on the management end of things). As this area continues to expand our numbers have just been climbing--and fast! If you saw what our sales were in one week, you'd literally crap your pants......
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#98017 - 07/03/07 01:35 PM Re: Can't figure how to play piano like Jerry Lee Lewis
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
That picture of Jerry Lee shows you can still pound a piano with a gut! Just move the stool back a bit (and THEN kick it over!)

I don't know about stride, but boogie-woogie would (IMO) be probably the best thing to learn to get a basic on some of Jerry's stylings...

You're right boogie woogie is a better example, I was thinking stride and even some ragtime for the repetitive left hand bass technique.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online