SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#97787 - 06/22/02 01:17 PM Checkout My Gig Performance Pics !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
With the current excitement of Synthzone members meeting recently, as well as people checking out each others gigs, I thought you guys might be interetested in seeing some stage shots which were taken of me performing (with the Yamaha PSR2000) at the wedding gig I played at last night. Setup was a breeze because I was able to plug into the decent sounding house PA system (JBL Eons).

Checkout my gig performance pics here: http://pbase.com/scottyee/gigshots

I'm also looking forward to seeing gig performance shots from others here as well. Please post and share.

Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com

#97788 - 06/22/02 02:19 PM Re: Checkout My Gig Performance Pics !
Dnj Offline

Nice pics Scott, by the way, what the heck is that Green thing? Disco light?

#97789 - 06/22/02 04:18 PM Re: Checkout My Gig Performance Pics !
JohnRomero Offline

Loc: England
Hi Scottyee,

I didn't realise you were based around San Francisco. Its a while ago I was there, but I have very happy memories of it. Are you a 49's fan.

John Romero.

P.S. Interesting to see the Pics.

P.P.S I'm hoping to be out there again possibly next year. Perhaps I could get in on one of your get togethers

#97790 - 06/22/02 04:34 PM Re: Checkout My Gig Performance Pics !
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Scott,
Nice "Pix`s" > It`s nice to see the Y2K in action. I like the "green-light" even if it is for "disco" set`s. Was that a "tely on a stand" ? Or a "gray colored spkr. pointing in the wrong direction", hahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good to see your having fun with the Y2K.
jedi

#97791 - 06/22/02 05:42 PM Re: Checkout My Gig Performance Pics !
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Hey Scotty, It that really you in those pictures?????
I guess I just didn't recognize you with your fine threads on and your hair combed.
Now I know why you drive a MERCEDES
Good pictures buddy,
Later dude,
Bebop

#97792 - 06/22/02 06:09 PM Re: Checkout My Gig Performance Pics !
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Excellent pics Scott!
Love the shades ...and I notice you don't cover the logo on the yammie like you used to on the technics. Also did you fire your 'backing group'? Those cutout dudes were cool.....where did they go?
Looks like you were having a blast anyhow!
Bravo
ttfn
Tony

#97793 - 06/22/02 06:12 PM Re: Checkout My Gig Performance Pics !
Jupitar5 Offline

Loc: United States
Great Pics Scott , sure look cool with the shades!

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnRomero:

P.P.S I'm hoping to be out there again possibly next year. Perhaps I could get in on one of your get togethers

With the SD1 you now own, I think Scottyee might just take you up on that

PS, These Y2K's look so cool for a "budget" keyboard scot, they really do!

J5

[This message has been edited by Jupitar5 (edited 06-22-2002).]

#97794 - 06/22/02 07:52 PM Re: Checkout My Gig Performance Pics !
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Ewww - A Karaoke moniter in the same shot as a live performer. Yuk!
(Nice of them to make room for you Scott !)

#97795 - 06/22/02 10:19 PM Re: Checkout My Gig Performance Pics !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
John: here on the east side of the SF Bay, we root for the Oakland Raiders, though there's been rumor that they may be eventually leaving the Bay area. In that case, the 49er's are the Bay Area's football team favorite. John, do let us know when you're in Northern Califoria. It will be a great excuse to have another California synthzone member arranger get toether & jam. Maybe you could use your influence to get Ketron to sell & support the SD1/XD9 in the San Francisco Bay area, as currently (as far as I know), there aren't any retail music stores here carrying them.

TonyW: Yep, I still occasionally take my cut out musicians with me, but I do charge more to include them, and since the client insisted on hiring a DJ too , the backup musicians had to go.

Leave it to UD to offer his ever 'provacative' comments. I REFUSE to host a karaoke show. My part of the deal was to provide live dinner show music entertainment. The revolving green lights, karaoke monitor , and DJ dance was (as customarily) reserved for much later on, after the guests get themselves drunk and crazy . . . thankfully long after I'm gone. At least it's nice feeling to be paid well, and not have to deal with the drunks, and get home at a decent hour too. So far, live musicians and karaoke continue to co-exisit here. - Scott

#97796 - 06/23/02 01:35 AM Re: Checkout My Gig Performance Pics !
larigot Offline

Loc: Portsmouth - UK
Scott,

The first thing noticed while looking at your pictures was the high position of your PSR2K in relation to your low seated height, as you should know...when first being taught piano there is an optimum seating height at the keyboard that lends to near effortless constant performance and aids correct fingering and dynamics, your playing position looks uncomfortable to me.

Secondly....a high keyboard placed in front of the player especially when playing full on to the room tends to reduce the performers bodily impact on his/her audience..one question Scott..who is the star of your show...you or the PSR2K.

larigot

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online