SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#97386 - 06/27/03 07:12 AM Tyros reviewed in July 03 issue of 'Electronic Musician' Magazine
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Well guess what folks? I just received the latest issue of Electronic Musician Magazine (July 03) in the mail yesterday, and find the Yamaha Tyros heading the list of keyboard reviews. Not only is it reviewed, but it's reviewed by none other than Electronic Musician's rival magazine's (Keyboard Magazine) longtime respected former 'senior editor', Mr. Jim Aiken, who I had the lucky prviledge of meeting at the 02 Namm show, encouraging him then to PLEASE begin taking notice of and including arranger keyboards in his reviews. Though I realize this is just a coincidence, it still feels (to me) like Mr Aiken in his review now has fullfilled my personal request to him by reviewing the Tyros. Alright guys, don't going spoiling my fantasy. ok? I guess I'd better go read the review (over breakfast) now. I promise to provide my thoughts and feedback to the review soon. btw: The review is fairly in depth (7 pages) and starts on page 88 . - Scott

#97387 - 06/27/03 08:22 AM Re: Tyros reviewed in July 03 issue of 'Electronic Musician' Magazine
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
copy me on any comments you make on the review Scott, I'd like to know what the review says about it!

Simon

------------------

forum.svpworld.com - No adverts, No spam, No nonsense!
share your music, get help and advice, make new friends! All platforms invited!!

#97388 - 06/27/03 09:27 AM Re: Tyros reviewed in July 03 issue of 'Electronic Musician' Magazine
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
I read the article as well and felt it was fair and balanced toward an arranger keyboard.

#97389 - 06/27/03 09:36 AM Re: Tyros reviewed in July 03 issue of 'Electronic Musician' Magazine
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I noticed their website has a review of the Yamaha 9000 Pro. It seems they already have a track record of reviewing arrangers.

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online