SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#96708 - 12/06/04 08:58 AM Tyros Problems
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
Hi Guys.....

I have resisted connecting my Tyros to a computer until I recently bought myself a new whizzy laptop. I knew that there was a problem with USB connectivity so I downloaded the latest XP driver and installed that and connected up.

I now have the file manager working but boy is it s....l....o.....w. It's like watching paint dry although it does work and do everything it should.

However, the voice editor wont work as I cant do an initial retrieve of factory panel voices into the pc as a timeout occurs even with the longest timeout set.

Anybody know if I have to upgrade the Tyros OS as well. I haven't done this as the keyboard works just fine and as it wasn't broke before - I didn't need to fix it.

I also have another problem on one of the keys (C3) in that if you sound a note and then minutely release the key and re-press it then that note sounds again at FULL VOLUME no matter how softly you do this.

This is really a minor irritation but the Tyros keyboard is such a light touch that it is easy to do and sounds dreadful as it only happens during soft passages when you don't keep your finger completely depressed on the key.

Anyone else had this problem and if so do I need to get my hammer and chisel out to fix it?

Pleeeeeez help if you can - Ta very much

KFingers

#96709 - 12/06/04 10:34 AM Re: Tyros Problems
Dnj Offline

Sounds like a KEY STRIP problem....they are famous for this...
It happened to me on two different Yamaha KB's $60.00 labor and $29.00 parts. Each

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-06-2004).]

#96710 - 12/06/04 11:54 AM Re: Tyros Problems
SD_FAN Offline

Loc: São Paulo, SP / Brazil
Hi KFingers.

When the keyboard was new, I had this problem, very sporadically, with the same C3. Lately hasn´t been happening.

Armando

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online