SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#96519 - 12/17/03 09:48 AM Yamaha styles for Roland kbs
Artaher Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Readed in "R-A-G" (Roland arranger group)

"Hi fellow-players.
I use styles from many different sources on my VA76, but my experience with Yamaha-styles from the converted PSR9000 styles on the RAG download page has been disappointing.
Techniks-styles I have found often simple but musically fine, Korg-styles musically good, but often with patterns so long that they are more a sequence than a style and of limited use to me, Solton-styles I have found rhytmically fine, but melodically often too simple to use.
But in the PSR9000-styles collection I have never been able to find a style of any use. To me they seem simple and boring. Besides the rhytm often just a steady tone on the chord that You as well could play with Your Lower part, and a simple arpeggio just on chord notes.
With this back-ground I'm surprised over the big upsurge in interest in Yamaha styles. I understand, they are easier to check out and edit on a PC, and that Yamaha's publicity politic is much more open than Roland's ever was".

Any opinion? Perhaps Yamaha styles sound not well on Roland kbs?

[This message has been edited by Artaher (edited 12-17-2003).]

#96520 - 12/17/03 11:35 AM Re: Yamaha styles for Roland kbs
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Being a previous owner of both Korg & Roland. I have like yourself used other boards converted styles including Yamaha Styles and was disappointed.
Now I own a Yamaha 9000Pro I found that I previously totally misjudged the quality of the Yamaha Styles. I am afraid in most cases they just do not convert well to be played on other boards.
Most converted styles do not display the quality compared to when played on the board they were made for.

Graham UK

#96521 - 12/17/03 11:51 AM Re: Yamaha styles for Roland kbs
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
I found the styles on my 9000pro more simple than the ones on the kn7 & VA7, but, I also found them to be VERY useable. Sometimes found that a number of onboard styles would work with a particular song.
I think you actually need a psr to get the true quality. Conversions just don't sound as good.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Artaher:
[B]Readed in "R-A-G" (Roland arranger group)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online