SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#96513 - 02/07/05 02:24 AM can anyone clear my mind about OMB?
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
it seems i discover new things all the time... which is good... tell me what is with this software one man band? mainly, can it replace an arranger keyboard with it's features? should i rather buy a arranger or this soft, considering my work in the recording area? more than live performances i make instrumentals for different songs...
so, what is all about?

#96514 - 02/07/05 02:28 AM Re: can anyone clear my mind about OMB?
adimatis Offline

and by the way, a software arranger, used with good vst instr. or sounds, togheter with a good midi keyboard seem more appealing to me, especially considering the price...

#96515 - 02/07/05 08:30 AM Re: can anyone clear my mind about OMB?
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Without having extensible knowledge about it but taking advantage of the hour difference (our American friends are probably having breakfast or are sound asleep right now), I can tell you that OMB is a software that can take any synth (Soft or Hard) and add arranger functions.

Along with edit capabilities, a style aditor (which many arrangers themselves lack) and so on. Accepts Yamaha styles, the software is must have if you have a synth but sometimes you want quick styles and inspiration.

I suspect many of the guys or gals here would kill if you'd threaten to take it from them. It is also cheap.

#96516 - 02/07/05 01:20 PM Re: can anyone clear my mind about OMB?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
why don't you try the demo. http://www.1manband.nl/omb.htm
The program can use psr styles, but they'll require some editing, which you can do within the program itself. You can also create your own styles from scratch and create styles from midifiles..
The program can be used as a realtime arranger,
it has a fairly basic sequencer window where you can load and edit midifiles , or record songs using the realtime arranger functions , then do some further editing.
It has an arranger window where you load a style and do a drop and drag of chords and style parts . In short you can do a backing track with a style in a matter of minutes.

Also has a Kareoke window & a song window which I haven't tried using yet.

You can use it with just about any synth or keyboard, but if you're planning on using actual psr styles , editing is easier if you have an xg sound source, you don't have the hassles of converting xg drums to gm or whatever.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by adimatis:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#96517 - 02/07/05 10:24 PM Re: can anyone clear my mind about OMB?
adimatis Offline

thanks, i plann to do that! they talk alot about soundblaster. i have a audiophile from m-audio. would it work fine with it?
and is it possible to put togheter cubase sx, omb and vst instruments? did you try? that would be good!

#96518 - 02/08/05 04:25 AM Re: can anyone clear my mind about OMB?
Frank L. Rosenthal Offline

adimatis, the M-Audio Audiophile is somewhat better than the Soundblaster in areas such as dynamic range, signal to noise, distortion, etc.

There is nothing wrong with using Cubase SX as your host especially if you are going to produce midi sequences and then render to audio. For live performances I think forte Ensemble is significantly better. It allows you better overall control while at the same time has Audio Inputs for such things as distortion guitars or vocal harmonizers (which require midi control).

You can take a look at my software based arranger system by searching flr2003 and flr2004 on this forum.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online