SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#95399 - 07/01/05 06:20 AM Some help, please: Tyros or G-70
José Medeiros Offline

Loc: Azores - Portugal
Hi
I'm not a pro, just a teacher who loves music. I'm about to buy an arranger (a good one) and Id like some URGENt advices/experiences about Tyros or Roland G-70. Wich is the best? Wich one sounds better?
Wich one has better "strings" and violin sound?
Sorry my english :-)
Thank you very much

José Medeiros

#95400 - 07/01/05 07:03 AM Re: Some help, please: Tyros or G-70
Roel Offline

Hello José,
Many many opinions and views exist about these two keyboards.
Please use the 'search' feature on this forum and you'll find lots of threads where pro's and cons are discussed.

My advise is : Let your ears decide what to do, don't let it depend on other's opinions.

Visit a dealer that has both and can show you around.

Roel

PS If you would ask me :TYROS wins and is miles ahead in weight/styles/sounds/musical-feel.

#95401 - 07/01/05 09:12 AM Re: Some help, please: Tyros or G-70
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
the tyros also wins for support,go to ,www.psrtutorial.com there is so much help there,mike

#95402 - 07/01/05 09:15 AM Re: Some help, please: Tyros or G-70
José Medeiros Offline

Thank you
I'll do my search.
Unfortunatly, I'm in Azores (Portuguese islands in meadle Atlantic) and ther is no dealer to see or listen to this "top" arrancers.

#95403 - 07/01/05 10:46 AM Re: Some help, please: Tyros or G-70
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Josè,
you can listen to demoes on the Internet.
Do you live in Madeira?

Seja bem vindo neste foro!

#95404 - 07/01/05 11:35 AM Re: Some help, please: Tyros or G-70
José Medeiros Offline

Thank you, Dreamer
Eu vivo nos Açores [I live in Azores]
Já ouvi as demos mas nunca é com ao vivo... [I had already listened to the demos, but it nerver souds like at a live situation...]
Obrido pela calorosa recepção. By the way, where are you from?
And if I decide to buy a microphone too, wich one do you (all of youm of course) advice me? Is there a dedicate one?
Best regards

#95405 - 07/01/05 01:44 PM Re: Some help, please: Tyros or G-70
silva Offline

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
Hi Zé
Why not Korg PA1X?

Eu tenho o PA1X (61 keys) desde Julho do ano passado e a minha opinião é muito boa. Para mim neste momento é a melhor do mundo.

I have the PA1X since 2004 July and my opinion is very good. Nowadays, Pa1X is the best in the world.
Franky
Lisboa

#95406 - 07/01/05 02:13 PM Re: Some help, please: Tyros or G-70
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
jose,which keyboard have you had before? the KORG PA1X has speakers,the KORG PAXpro has 76 keys (no speakers),mike

#95407 - 07/01/05 02:48 PM Re: Some help, please: Tyros or G-70
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Jose, I don't know if price is a consideration for you or not, but my Yamaha Tyros cost me $2,400 (back when it first was introduced in Nov 2002). The Roland G70 lists for $4,999, and none of the Roland CK dealers (traditional piano/organ stores) in my area (San Francisco) are willing to budge on that ridulously high price. My guess is that the dealer cost for the G70 is somewhere around $2,500 (or less) which comes to a 100% dealer profit . . . highway robbery in my book. I hate to say this but traditional piano/organ store dealers have a distinct reputation among those in the know for asking huge profit margins, perhaps because they don't turn their merchandise around very quickly (and in high volume) as the MI Music Stores (Guitar Center, Sam Ash, etc) do. I only wish Roland would once again open up sales of the Roland G70 in MI music stores again (Guitar Center, etc). I feel that the death & demise of Technics arranger keyboards here in the US was due to fact that they could only be purchased thru the high keyboard markup tradition piano/organ stores. Just my opinion of course.

In the meantime, I'm a remain a very satisfied Yamaha Tyros player.

Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com

#95408 - 07/01/05 03:06 PM Re: Some help, please: Tyros or G-70
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Josè,
eu tenho um Yamaha Tyros e no meu site voçè pode ouvir demos feitas ao vivo (querendo dizer que gravei uma trilha sò, em tempo real).
Em baixo voçè encontra o endereço.
Eu moro na Italia mas gosto muito da musica brasileira.
Aquì tem muitos portugueses e espero que o nosso amigo Josè Matias (um outro Zè ) vai dizer algo; ele tambem tem um Tyros.
Um abraço
Andrea

Josè
I have a Tyros and on my website you can listen to demo's recorded live (which means that I recorded just one track, without overdubbings).
I live in Italy but like brazilian music a lot; on this site there are many portuguese and I hope that our friend Josè Matias will chime in (he too has a Tyros).
Regards
Andrea
http://andrearotolo.tripod.com/dreamer/id1.html

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online