SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#95117 - 03/29/07 08:55 PM MusicFinder Help Please
Yamiguy Offline

Hi,
After fooling around with the MFD on my psr2100 for the last few days trying to figure this out, i thought i'd just ask you guys...
What i want from the MFD is this. I "enter" the song...It shows up with my right hand piano, left hand bass, and style and tempo. Instead i'm getting the accompaniment On, the OTS line on, and some other OTS preset on the keyboard. I tried saving my Registration to the ots but it still comes back with the old stuff once i start the MFD again. Is what i'm trying to do impossible with the MFD? Seems like an easy thing but maybe the keyboard just has to be set up to play full accompaniment with a MFD entry. Of course i could switch all that off and hit my reg button to get the sound i want...but that takes about 4 additional button clicks each time i switch songs.
This is really bugging me. Any help??
Thanks,
Larry

#95118 - 03/30/07 04:14 PM Re: MusicFinder Help Please
Dnj Offline

#95119 - 03/30/07 05:43 PM Re: MusicFinder Help Please
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The OTS is part of the style file. Consequently, when that style is selected, and the OTS link is on, the default OTS will be activated. When you select an MFD file, the OTS link is automatically turned on when that style is selected.

In your case, with the limited memory available on the 2100, I suggest creating a bank of registrations that just selects specific voices. Each bank of 8 registrations will provide you with 16 voices (2 per registration).

Another option is to copy specific voices that you regularly enjoy using to the User Voice area. When this is selected, 10 voices will appear per page and you can select any of them with a single button push.

Hope this helps,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#95120 - 03/30/07 10:38 PM Re: MusicFinder Help Please
Yamiguy Offline

Hi Gary,
I was setting up all the registrations today. Even tho that give me the right voices for a song....its doesn't give me the right tempo and style for a song. Also...the music finder is nice since it gives you a list of your favorites that you can pick from when you cant think of what to play. I cant see how i would have a very quick song transition time using registrations. With the MFD...i can have the tempo going....still be playing bass...and dial in the next selection and press enter to switch seemlessly. I guess i can deal with OTS being on....but i cant deal with Acompaniment being on when i switch to the new song. All the sudden my bass would turn into chords. Can i just turn the Accompaniment off so that it doesn't come on with a MFD file entry? I can definitely see that MFD is handy so i'd like to be able to utilize it.

dnj-thanks...i checked the tutorial and my book too. I'm not the best with digging out info but i couldn't find anything that related to what i'm trying to have the psr do.

Thanks again, Please help! lol
Larry

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online