SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#95078 - 08/11/01 09:04 AM new styles available
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Well, maybe... Can any of you technical experts (Fran?, Scott?) tell me how to do this? I have an old PSR530 with style cartridges. But some of them are pretty nice. Before I give this keyboard to my nephew, I would like to pull out these cartridge styles. They are not available on any website that I've ever seen - so they would be "new" for a lot of us.
There is no disk drive in the 530. So I'm thinking - hook up MIDI out to Cakewalk and save each style component as a MIDI song - noting more than each Intro, fill & variation playing a Cmaj7 chord throughout. Then use EMC to convert this midi song to a style. Will this work? Is it easier said than done? Do I need to set Cakewalk up in some special way? Any info appreciated!
Tom

#95079 - 08/11/01 09:41 AM Re: new styles available
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Tom, do exactly as you stated, play back the finished smf and make sure the program changes are correct. You may have to physicaly write down the instrumentation to insert program changes at a later time. You will be able to extract the measures with EMC to arrange your styles..Fran

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online