SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#94729 - 08/22/05 08:35 PM Epson 200
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Just in case my message under Scott's thread gets lost in the shuffle ... Anyone who is using this printer for CDs ... do you also print the inserts for the cases? How?
thnx,
t.
PS tried the 200 on a CD for the firsat time tonight .. good print quality... pretty quick .... the tray seems a little flimsy, but with proper handling should be fine ....
t.

#94730 - 08/22/05 08:53 PM Re: Epson 200
ViLo Offline

Loc: Dallas Tx., USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
Just in case my message under Scott's thread gets lost in the shuffle ... Anyone who is using this printer for CDs ... do you also print the inserts for the cases? How?
thnx,
t.
PS tried the 200 on a CD for the firsat time tonight .. good print quality... pretty quick .... the tray seems a little flimsy, but with proper handling should be fine ....
t.

What I do, I print an original both sides on one sheet or 2 fronts and to backs, and take them to www.OfficeMax.com to make color copies on the cheapest photo paper, so far so good 1.09 cents per page, I get 2 CD inserts per page.

I don't know if some places do it chaper.

------------------
Precision Mastering
http://vilo4.tripod.com/precisionmastering/

Master Your CD With Us!
Ask Me About it!
www.vicente-lopez.com

HE'S COMING, MAKE MUSIC, GET READY! smile

#94731 - 08/24/05 07:54 AM Re: Epson 200
tony mads usa Offline

BUMP ... Is no one else using this printer?!?!?
t.

#94732 - 08/27/05 10:17 AM Re: Epson 200
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Tony:

Bump, bump, bump! I think I told you on Scott's thread that, so far, I have never printed CD case inserts. That doesn't mean that someday I won't be doing it. Right now, we are just in the mode of trying to get our new, orginal songs into the hands of publishers and artists who might want to add them to an album.

I am still very pleased with my Epson 200 and the CDs that get printed on it. Now...
if only I owned a Radio station or Record Label.

RICE (The Lone Arranger)

#94733 - 08/27/05 09:47 PM Re: Epson 200
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Frys Electronics/Outpost.com is currently offering the Epson R200 for $49.00 after rebate. Though the R200 comes with ink cartridges included, it requires 6 separate colored ink cartridges, each costing from $12.99 - $17.99 when re-fills are needed.

Though I already own a good ink jet printer, I'm certainly tempted to get the R200 at such a low price if only to gain the ability to print full color printed CD/DVDs. Even so, I may instead opt for the $69.98 Casio CW-50 CD/CVD title printer as I'm guessing this is the Casio model recommended by BobL (Mr82thebar). Bob, please confirm which specific Casio model you own & recommend.

Though the thermal print method is limited to printing one color only, its advantage is that it prints on any blank CD/DVD, and not restricted to special white colored ones only. The 'light scribe' CD label method sounds like another impressive looking choice, but unfortunately, as far as I know, no 'light scribe' stand alone 'print to CD only' model is offered. Going the 'light scribe' route requires purchasing an INTERNAL device with the CD/DVD burner section as well, adding to the purchase cost. In addition, printing time per CD/DVD takes only 29 seconds with the thermal ink approach vs much longer using 'light scribe' approach. Decisions, decisions, decisions. - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 08-27-2005).]

#94734 - 08/28/05 04:43 AM Re: Epson 200
jdx Offline

Loc: Liverpool U.K.
Hi Tony
I use a program called " Surething " to print my cd inserts which I design myself and print on the epson you mention.
Check out the results on my web site. http://www.johndolan.co.uk/
Cheers ....John

#94735 - 08/28/05 05:49 AM Re: Epson 200
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Scott, Tony, ViLo and others:

The CD media available for use on inkjet printers now includes a silver background as well as off-white. I have used both and normally prefer the off-white. Good news, the silver color by Verbatim is now available at Wal-Mart here in Texarkana. If it's available here, it's probably available everywhere.

Scott, the ink for the R200 & R300 is expensive but it lasts for quite a long time, despite my constant griping about the cost. For $49 bucks and some change, you can't go wrong. They even have an off-brand ink available at most Fry's stores that works just as well and costs significantly less. (I have a bias against Canon from an inkjet I owned years ago that had a passion for devouring ink.)

Hope this helps.

RICE (The Old Arranger)

#94736 - 08/28/05 01:56 PM Re: Epson 200
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Quote:
Originally posted by jdx:
Hi Tony
I use a program called " Surething " to print my cd inserts which I design myself and print on the epson you mention.
Cheers ....John

John...I like your web-site...you seem to cover all of the bases....good show....BTW,
where do we find a copy of this "SURETHING"
cd printing program.....thanks....
Tony Rome

#94737 - 08/28/05 06:38 PM Re: Epson 200
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jdx:
Hi Tony
Cheers ....John

John... As Tony Rome said ... nice site ...
Are you printing on plain stock or 'inserts' like the "Mamorex Jewel Case Insert Refills" ... I bought a package of those and software came with it ... The software works fine, but I can't get the files I use in taht to convert to the EPSON software ... I would like to try "Surething" .. where is it available?
thnx,
t.
PS: Glad to see the 'bump' worked ...
t.

#94738 - 08/28/05 06:44 PM Re: Epson 200
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
You guys ever thought of Googling?
http://www.surething.com

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000