SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#94668 - 09/12/04 10:34 AM PA1XPro
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi everyone, I am a new registrant and am seeking opinions or knowledge on the Korg PA1XPro that I just purchased. I guess the first thing I noticed was the touch difference of the so-called semi-weighted keys. They appear to be touch sensitive and not weighted at all. I also have the Roland KF-90 Arranger(88-key weighted), so there is a noticible difference. Second I thought I read before I purchased that you could download data from your PC (midi-files) to the Pro. According to the manual you can transfer data from the Pro to the PC but nowhere can I find you can do visa-versa.
I have not got to the built-in vocal effects unit of the Pro, but I have been using the Digitech vocalist controlled by my KF-90. It's a little difference concept with the Digitech vocalist in that you plug your mic into it and then from the vocalist to the mixer. I use an on and off switch to turn on the vocalist when I use it and play the chords on my left hand using the KF-90 as a controller. I'm sure this new purchase will be an adventure, since I'm somewhat electronically challenged and the manual is 354 pages long. I have the Pro on a 30-day trial basis, so if I can't handle it I can return it. But since I offered my KF-90 to my daughter, I'd like to make the Pro work. Any constructive guidance would really be appreciated. Thanks.

#94669 - 09/12/04 11:36 AM Re: PA1XPro
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Try this site it's full of good Korg information.
http://www.irishacts.com/

#94670 - 09/12/04 12:16 PM Re: PA1XPro
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Welcome to the Arranger family! There are some knowledgeable people here who will help also.
There's not that much traffic on Sunday, but tomorrow you will get more responses.
DonM www.donmasonmusic.com

#94671 - 09/12/04 05:05 PM Re: PA1XPro
Exound Offline

Loc: Hoorn, Netherlands
Hi Cmuston, if you connect your PA1x to your pc,you can see your PA1x data in explorer(I use windows XP) as a station and so you can tranfer data visa-versa.
The only thing is that you must update the PA1x O.S. to version 1.61 and with that 30-day trial...
O.S. version 1.00 could have some difficulties with establishing a connection.
But 1.61 works fine (a little bit slow before you see your PA1x in explorer) ,btw the PA1x will only be functional again till you disconnect from USB connection.

I hope you like the PA1x because it's a wonderfull arranger.

Jan

#94672 - 09/18/04 08:13 AM Re: PA1XPro
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by cmuston:
Hi everyone, I am a new registrant and am seeking opinions or knowledge on the Korg PA1XPro that I just purchased. I guess the first thing I noticed was the touch difference of the so-called semi-weighted keys. They appear to be touch sensitive and not weighted at all. I also have the Roland KF-90 Arranger(88-key weighted), so there is a noticible difference. Second I thought I read before I purchased that you could download data from your PC (midi-files) to the Pro. According to the manual you can transfer data from the Pro to the PC but nowhere can I find you can do visa-versa.
I have not got to the built-in vocal effects unit of the Pro, but I have been using the Digitech vocalist controlled by my KF-90. It's a little difference concept with the Digitech vocalist in that you plug your mic into it and then from the vocalist to the mixer. I use an on and off switch to turn on the vocalist when I use it and play the chords on my left hand using the KF-90 as a controller. I'm sure this new purchase will be an adventure, since I'm somewhat electronically challenged and the manual is 354 pages long. I have the Pro on a 30-day trial basis, so if I can't handle it I can return it. But since I offered my KF-90 to my daughter, I'd like to make the Pro work. Any constructive guidance would really be appreciated. Thanks.

NEW! I wanted everyone to know that I received a lot of valuable information from Jan in the Netherlands. He was able to help me get my Korg PAX1Pro up and running.
For everyones knowledge if you buy a Korg instrument do not expect assistance from the Korg Product support folks, they are not custmer oriented. Take care all. Chuck Muston

------------------

#94673 - 11/17/04 02:59 PM Re: PA1XPro
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Chuck,
I have had my PA1XPRO for a while now (4/2004) and I LOVE it!
It is very 'PRO' and has lots of customization capabilities.

OK, Weighted vs Hammer action. The PA1XPRO IS weighted (look under the keys) and has a great high quality keybed. Hammer action is "PIANO' type keyboard and is far more than just weighted. It's a whole different mechanical setup.

I use my board with a couple of external modules and it is great for that!
Keep in touch!
Lee

#94674 - 11/17/04 09:57 PM Re: PA1XPro
Benno Kattenat Offline

Loc: qualicum beachBC Canada
CMUSTOM, HAD MY PRO SINCE APRIL,MANUAL IS BIG AND HARD TO UNDERSTAND NOT WELL WRITTEN LIKE MOST OTHER ONES BUT PATIENCE MAN, BUT I LOVE THIS BOARD SOUNDS SO SWEET,STILL LEARNING THE HANG OF IT, IT WILL GROW ON YOU, SOMETIMES I GO TRY SOME THING ELSE IN THE STORE BUT IT IS NOT JUST THE SAME, SO KEEP GOING, BEST REGARDS BENNO

#94675 - 11/18/04 06:36 AM Re: PA1XPro
silva Offline

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
Quote:
Originally posted by cmuston:

Hi, cmuston
I have had my PA1X (61 keys with speakers)since 2004/Jul and I love it. Now you have OS 2.0 and manual 2.0 (www.korgpa.com)

All your questions will be answered in the this link www.irishacts.com (Discussion Forums/KorgPa1X-Pa1Xpro)

Franky

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online