SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#94649 - 04/17/03 12:46 AM Vocal Harmonizer
sunster Offline

Loc: Mumbai, INDIA
Hi!
I have been playing the PSR 740 for about 2 years. Last year I bought some PA gear which included a powered mixer. Before that I was using a MIC directly from the 740 using the Vocal Harmony effects. Now I use the mixer which gives much better sound quality but at the same time I sing many songs which use the Vocal harmony but I cant use it now. If I input the MIC to the 740 and use Vocal Harmony I lose sound quality. What could be a solution.I heard about Vocal Harmoniser units. What exactly are they and how do they work? Please advise. Thanx a zillion!!!

#94650 - 04/17/03 05:52 AM Re: Vocal Harmonizer
Dnj Offline

#94651 - 04/17/03 06:40 AM Re: Vocal Harmonizer
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
It works off of the midi signal. I think you have to assign the channel you play the chords on the keyboard to the same channel on the harmonizer. I think this is correct.

Dave can straighten you out. But try not to drive him or Donny nuts. That's my job. OK?

#94652 - 04/17/03 11:10 AM Re: Vocal Harmonizer
trtjazz Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by sunster:
Hi!
I have been playing the PSR 740 for about 2 years. Last year I bought some PA gear which included a powered mixer. Before that I was using a MIC directly from the 740 using the Vocal Harmony effects. Now I use the mixer which gives much better sound quality but at the same time I sing many songs which use the Vocal harmony but I cant use it now. If I input the MIC to the 740 and use Vocal Harmony I lose sound quality. What could be a solution.I heard about Vocal Harmoniser units. What exactly are they and how do they work? Please advise. Thanx a zillion!!!

Sunster,
How they work depends on the harmonizer. The new one I got from TC Helicon, the Voiceworks, works in a few ways.
1. Triggered by midi chords
2. Midi notes
3. By scale without the use of midi...just sing
4. Shift which is a variation on scale.

If you would like to hear some samples of the Voiceworks, drop by my site and have a listen to some of the vocals on "Time To Time" or visit tc helicons site. http://www.tc-helicon.tc/

There's little room for debate, that they make the best, most realistic harmonizers money can buy.

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 04-17-2003).]

#94653 - 04/17/03 12:34 PM Re: Vocal Harmonizer
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
You could get PSR2000 and replace the 740. The harmonizer and mic processing is MUCH improved over the 740. You could almost pay for one with what you'd save on buying a stand-alone harmonizer!
DonM

#94654 - 04/17/03 02:15 PM Re: Vocal Harmonizer
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Yes, it's true the 2000 has a better vocal processor than the 740, however, I own both and can unequivocally say (IMHO) neither keyboard's harmonizer comes close to a stand alone vocal processor. I have been using a Digitech Vocolist for about four years, and recently upgraded to the Vocolist-VR, which is an excellent processor. Terry prefers the Heliconers, which he rates very high. The bottom line is you want vocal quality, especially for live performances, a stand-alone is the only way to go.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online